Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Quit hogging the covers! - Is he a bed or cover hog? Are you?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM
  • 56 Replies

I love my husband, I love him a ton, but at night... HE DRIVES ME CRAZY!  For whatever reason, he loves to spread out in the bed taking up 2/3 of it, and I'm really okay with that because I tend to sleep on my side on the edge of the bed facing the edge. What I'm not okay with, however, is him rolling himself up in the covers like a burrito, stripping me of any covering whatsoever! LOL. I may have to put another blanket on the bed on my side, or on the floor near it, just so I can stay covered.

out of bed

Does your SO hog the covers? Does he hog the bed? Or is it you who spreads out and steals it all?

by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I'm single, but my dog hogs the covers ALL.THE.TIME

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:30 AM

LOL! Does he/she roll up in them so you can't get them back?

Quoting Aslen:

Aslen
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:31 AM

YEs. And he has to sleep so close to me that the covers fold on him and I get NOTHING. He's lucky he's cute, that's all i gotta say!

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Quoting Aslen:

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:54 AM

LOL! What kind of dog is he?

Quoting Aslen:

YEs. And he has to sleep so close to me that the covers fold on him and I get NOTHING. He's lucky he's cute, that's all i gotta say!

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Quoting Aslen:

goatmom4
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:03 AM

we after a whil;e   got separate blankets   after he stole them they would be on the floor

kristaok
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I'd say I steal it all, seeing is I wake up and I'm wrapped up like a pig in the blanket lol.

Basherte
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM

My husband steals the bed and the cover. I wake up every morning on my side against the side, with my right arm completely asleep. EVERY.MORNING. When I get out of bed, there is almost as much room on his side of the bed (up against the edge) as I had for most of the night to sleep on. One night (I don't remember when) I almost fell out of bed. That night I woke him up and made him look at where he was on the bed then asked him to move over some. He apologized (didn't remember any of it the next day though). 

So, my solution was to get a larger bed. We have been sleeping on a full bed for a long time. When we first got together the two of us could sleep on a twin and be good. Now, a full is too small. I'm seriously considering getting two twin beds or a split king, just so I have room on the bed. I mean I know I move around a lot at night, if I don't move around I wake up all krinked and in a lot of pain. He hasn't complained about it much. Once in a while when I'm really bad he does. (Which I tell him to wake me up for, and he refuses because I need my sleep too. yay that bit's sweet)

We'll try the queen thing for a bit. Because I also suspect that my body is more comfy to be against than the bed right now. We both wake up with back and head hurting. So the bed is shot. (I'm thinking part of it might be the bed being shot, but no clue)

If that doesn't work out, then we will either go to two twin or a split king. 

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM

He goes to sleep before me and when I walk in, 3 out of 4 times he is across the entire bed.  Not cool!  I will tell him to scoot over and he will.  BUT...he also snores.  He doesn't take pillows or blankets though.  I usually just put the top sheet on me for now.  The snoring sucks though. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Steph either its a man thing? Or we sleep with the same man?? LOL
Michael rolls and takes the covers with him! WTH? And on top of the room is an icebox. Brrrrrrrr :-)
He doesn't take over the bed since we gof a king some years back but a couple of weeks I was all the way on his side and he was on the edge! Maybe I was trying to get some covers? Lol
LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Yes he does this always no matter the temp he takes all of the covers and he has no idea that he even does it... I hate it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN