Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Remind DH of anniversary?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM
  • 25 Replies
Hey! It is our 5 year dating anniversary coming up on August 26th. I reminded DH probably 3 weeks ago, but I wanted to get your opinions. Should I remind him again?? Or should I see if he remembers and just get him something? I want to know what other ladies do ;)

We got married last year so our one year will come up in October, but since it's 5 years we decided to acknowledge it.
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kns2004
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM
I never remind my husband, he always remembers our anniversary and my birthday. Does yours usually remember or not?
LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I do not remind him he will remember but the dating one is the one he always remembers!

Amiehart62
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Your dating anniversary or wedding? I would not expect a man to remember a dating anniversary.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:50 AM
3 moms liked this

???? uh....

I mention our dating anniversary, but we've never done gifts

and if I was married to him (I'm not) I'd really only exchange gifts on the wedding anniversary

doing gifts for a 'first date' anniversary sounds like high school, to be honest

lanceandhailey
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM

LOL you're married, let the poor guy only have that anniversary to worry about.

SoCalMamaof1
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I agree, but it's the day we introduced our kids to each other so it's sort of special... Not really first date which was about 6 weeks earlier technically.

A few weeks ago we went to this amazing Italian restaurant and there we were talking about it and said maybe we should just acknowledge it one last time since it's 5 years and he said ya and we could come back so I can have what you got lol (to eat, it was amazing).

Quoting Fayanne:

???? uh....

and if I was married to him (I'm not) I'd really only exchange gifts on the wedding anniversary

doing gifts for a 'first date' anniversary sounds like high school, to be honest

SoCalMamaof1
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Hahaha you guys are right, screw the Italian place. He can wait till October!

If he remembers I'll get him a card like I was planning. If not if won't even mention it.

There's no way he can forget our wedding anniversary though. I don't think it's possible. Lol

Thank you :)
alliemom4ever
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
He's got the month down, but not the date. I have to remind him but that's ok he's got a lot on his mind
LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM

To us our first date means so much that is when we started our relationship or the beginning to both of us not like high school at all for us it is like the start of what we still have after 30+ years!!

Quoting Fayanne:

???? uh....

SoCalMamaof1
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I've never just thrown him to the wolves. He don't have date nights very much, so it's a time when we can plan something in advance to do. It's the day our kids met technically not actual first date.

Quoting kns2004: I never remind my husband, he always remembers our anniversary and my birthday. Does yours usually remember or not?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)