Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why would you have kids sleep with you and your SO?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM
  • 191 Replies

We have never done this so to me it is not normal... 

So why would the kids have to sleep in YOUR bed and not theirs?

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM

A bit confused on this topic after I started the other one I see a lot of the kids are in the middle of the bed, Why??

greenlove2013
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM
My 8 month old sleeps by the wall.
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:30 AM
3 moms liked this

It started in the hospital when I was connected to a catheter and IV and couldn't get DD.  The nurses wouldn't pass her to me for feeding and so I just kept her in bed with me.  Then when I got home it was a comfort thing for me and then she just got used to it and slept better that way.  I like knowing she's close so it doesn't bother me at all.  I think I'm going to be very sad once she doesn't come into our room a night anymore. 

chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM
4 moms liked this
We chose not to have our kids sleep in our bed
It's a personal choice for couples
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charley31
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:37 AM
I hear ya. I don't get the co-sleeping thing. No judgement tho. It's not for me. My 4yr old has slept with us 2x. He had horrible ear infections and was screaming. I have my kids in a bassinet as infants next to my bed but not in my bed.
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

DD has always slept on the outside of the bed next to me so that DH wouldn't roll over onto her.  Once she got older I preferred her in the middle so she wouldn't throw herself out of bed but as predicted DH kept rolling on top of her and she'd kick him. lol They don't like sleeping next to each other so now she steals my spot on the outside again. 

Quoting LadyBast:

A bit confused on this topic after I started the other one I see a lot of the kids are in the middle of the bed, Why??

mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this
It was easier when I was breastfeeding. My oldest was also colicky and I couldn't put him down without him screaming, so he slept with me (my ex worked nights so he wasn't home) and as long as I was touching him we could both get some sleep.
jandj4
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:31 AM
The only way he sleeps is on my chest so if I want to sleep he has to be in my bed. My older son would sleep walk and leave the house so he slept w me when he was younger too
kristaok
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I've slept with my mom for many years even some through adulthood. It may not be normal to some, but to others it's essential. If my daughter had a bad dream, I would let her sleep between us.
RheaF
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM
19 moms liked this

That's just what we feel is best. Simple as that. We use a bedside co-sleeper when they are infants, then a crib eside the bed. Eventually they move into a different room(around a year or so). However, if they climb back in bed with us we don't make a big of it. DS is 5 and every now and then he climbs in with us. They are only little once ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN