Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you compromise well on big decisions?

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM
  • 123 Replies

When it comes to buying a house, a car, or other "big" deals in your life, do you and your husband work together to find a solution you both agree on? Does it turn into a fight? Or does one of you always give in completely?

My husband and I are talking about doing some major renovation/repair work in our kitchen which will require getting a loan to cover the cost, but we can't yet come to an agreement as to where to obtain that financing.

Do you and your husband/SO compromise well on big decisions like this?

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BannerElkHogans
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM

It's so funny you posted this were going thru the exact same thing (re-do kitchen or 1 new Bathroom)

we can deal with the kitchen as is for now but we seriously need another full Bath ......he think's that we should just get the kitchen over an done with an do the Bathroom later.......so were at a crossroad's ..lol

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM
We don't discuss these things we just go and do it. Sometimes it causes a fight other times we celebrate. Lol.
Cafe Steph

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM

We have to do our kitchen. There was a very tiny, very slow leak in a pipe in the wall under the cabinets that caused everything to get wet and eventually to rot. Our bathrooms both need some work, but they're just things we'd like rather than need, so they'll be on hold until the kitchen is taken care of.

Maybe you could sit down and make out a list of the pros and cons of getting the bathroom vs redoing the kitchen and see which one really makes sense?

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

It's so funny you posted this were going thru the exact same thing (re-do kitchen or 1 new Bathroom)

we can deal with the kitchen as is for now but we seriously need another full Bath ......he think's that we should just get the kitchen over an done with an do the Bathroom later.......so were at a crossroad's ..lol

Cafe Steph

by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Do you go and do together or separately?

Quoting BonitaM: We don't discuss these things we just go and do it. Sometimes it causes a fight other times we celebrate. Lol.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Separately. It's almost always a surprise to come home to a new vehicle, toy, or renovation project.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Do you go and do together or separately?

Quoting BonitaM: We don't discuss these things we just go and do it. Sometimes it causes a fight other times we celebrate. Lol.

lovemercygrace
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM
My husband is the head of our house he makes the decisions. But he always asks for my opinion .
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:10 AM
We don't actively work on agreeing, everything seems to just fall into place misty of the time. Part off that might be because I'm much more easy going most of the time so when it does matter to me, he tends to listen
Callaly
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Me and SO are pretty good at compromising. We are in the midst of buying a new car. We have two older cars one is mine I brought into the relationship and 1 is his he brought into the relationship. They both need major repairs, we sat down and discussed what car would be worth repairing and what one wouldn't we sat down and discussed what type of car we will get ect.. in the end it really comes down to him making the final choice.. but if I really don't agree he will hear me out.

In this case we are getting rid of my car :D and Im getting a new one :D so im pretty happy with that lol

flcowgrl23
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:17 AM
We always compromise! It's so important to have open communication.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellly
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:17 AM

My husband always takes care of the financing aspects but lets me pretty much pick out what i want.  He is super ocd and i am shove it in a drawer so we usually get hung up on details.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)