Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

He's going out of town an I'm sad

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM
  • 14 Replies
DH is going out of town for a month, this is the first time...I feel sad, I'll miss him very much.

I'm sure a lot of you ladies have H's that work away from home, I guess I'll get used to it?...
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatieJumonville
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine works 2 weeks out of town and 6 days home. And during winter months he is in ND, CO, Canada for months at a time. They wanted him to go to Russia! So glad he didnt. You don't really get used to it if you have small kiddos. It's rougher on them than it will be on you.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:06 AM

you adjust

my SO moved 1000 miles away, so we only see each other one weekend a  month until summer

when I was married and had 3 little ones, it was really hard, not so much that I missed him, just that I worried about the 'what ifs' if something happened while I was here alone

createive
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:12 AM
I think I remember reading your SO worked far away. I felt silly wanting to post this at that time because your situation seemed so much more "severe" and ours is really quite temporary.

Yeah... I know I'll adjust...just kinda bummed right now...

Quoting Fayanne:

you adjust

my SO moved 1000 miles away, so we only see each other one weekend a  month until summer

when I was married and had 3 little ones, it was really hard, not so much that I missed him, just that I worried about the 'what ifs' if something happened while I was here alone

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM

perfectly understandable

Quoting createive: I think I remember reading your SO worked far away. I felt silly wanting to post this at that time because your situation seemed so much more "severe" and ours is really quite temporary. Yeah... I know I'll adjust...just kinda bummed right now...
Quoting Fayanne:

you adjust

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

NeonGirl9583
by April on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM
I couldn't do that. I would go with it.
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

photo colon_zps3dfeef6e.jpg
DisabledVet
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM

It's not like the old days when you were lucky to get a call as they were expensive. You can video chat and more now. You'll be fine.

furbabymum
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I keep far too busy to miss my DH, except for bedtime. Our bed is big and lonely without him. So I bring a dog into bed and try to remember to wash the sheets before he comes home so he doesn't kill me. :P

MomToovey
by Marianne on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM

It's completely understandable. I'd miss my DH if he were gone for that long too! But as others have said, you have calls, texts, video chat, etc. to keep you going. And be sure to plan at least 1 fun activity for you and the kids to do together each day and the anticipation for those activities will help that time fly. He'll be back home before you know it!

LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Yep you will get used to it hubby worked and only came home every few weeks b/c of money then he also has done vacations too and been gone a week or so, you just go on with life and he has or does what he is doing.. You can do it you will talk to him etc, Skype him now and then!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN