Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I should just let DH starve (feeling unappreciated)

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:21 AM
  • 126 Replies
2 moms liked this
I had to quit my full time job because we are having trouble finding a sitter for DD (3 months) because of my rotating schedule. I worked 4 days on 2 days off so my days off are not the same. I'm a SAHM until I find a job that has a more structured schedule. DH (damn husband for right now) goes to work while I take care of DD, clean, cook, do laundry etc .. And actively looking for a job on top of that.

Anyway he called me today saying the house looks great and everything BUT I would like it if you plan our meals better.

Really?! He's a freaking picky eater like a 5 year old so I have to constantly ask what he feels like eating for dinner and not waste food just because he's not in the mood for it. I kept telling him over and over again just tell me what you want for dinner and I will make it. His answer is always "whatever you feel like cooking" wtf?

I do my best to take good care of DD and keep our house in good shape and it's not enough. It's like being back at work, you can do a 1,000 things right and people won't notice. Make a wrong move, they are all on your ass.

I should just let him starve.
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UCFknight
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I hope you are able to find a better and more stable job soon!

But You aren't a mind reader. Your husband needs to communicate with you. Have you tried writing out a meal plan for the week? I pre plan meals for our family so they always know what dishes are going to be served, and sometimes (my kids) will pipe up asking for something different. I would be frustrated as well, if my husband responded that he wanted different meals, but didn't tell me what he wanted!

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:07 AM
14 moms liked this

meh.

whack him over the head with a rolling pin and bury the body out back.

problem solved.

lol....

Men think in boxes, they don't connect things together. Just remind him he always leaves the choice up to you, and if he wants something different, he needs to be specific.  If you need to, get it in writing! lol..

Like UCFknight said... you aren't a mind reader

momofthree0429
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Ask him to sit down with you and make a menu of meals he prefers
kourtniebraun
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM
3 moms liked this

I was so tired of this same discussion that I instructed my DH and DD to sit down with my cookbooks one weekend.  They planned the menu (including page numbers) for the week.  It worked so well that we continued to do it this way.  

There is always room for flexibility this way but it saves us the"what do you want?" "don't know, what do you want?" discussion.

It also helps me plan my grocery list:)

TheQueenOfChaos
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM
5 moms liked this
Ha my husband eats like yours. I started making him prepare dinner. It lasted less than a week and he finally gave in lol. I don't purposely make food he doesn't like, but he does eat what is made or he doesn't eat lol.
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM
3 moms liked this

My DH tells me all the time 'make whatever you want' but he is the LEAST picky eater I have ever met... so I can't complain!!

StarLight23
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Sorry momma. That sucks being unappreciated. I understand how you feel. I get that way too sometimes. However I can't complain. My husband and son love my cooking.

CotterpinDoozer
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Just tell him his picky eating habits prevent you from planning meals out ahead of time and if he wants that, he needs to do it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sisteract
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:02 AM

How old is he?

jessi2girls
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:18 AM
6 moms liked this

LMFAO I know the feeling right now..   Honestly I'd wait until he comes home, and tell him flat out, this is what I'm making for me.. if you want some great... if not.. there's the cereal boxes or bread and lunch meat to make yourself a sandwich lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)