Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you ever have arguments over really stupid stuff?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 58 Replies

My husband and I seldom fight but when he's stressed out over work, he tends to get really snippy and that usually ends up with us fussing over something really stupid. Last night's argument? He didn't want to watch recording A on the DVR but wanted to save that for the weekend and watch recording B. I'd just pressed "play" on A, but I was fine with stopping that to play B instead, but apparently I made a face? IDK, but suddenly he was raising his voice to a near-yell about how I never let him watch what he wants when he wants it? I was just stunned because when he comes home, I always hand him the remote and let him do WTFE he wants, last night included. I only had pressed that recording because he told me to, but then he changed his mind and got mad with me over it? IDK, I know he's stressed but geez, lol. All I could do was laugh, and that didn't help, lol.

Do you ever have silly fights like this?

by on Sep. 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”— Richard David Bach (born 1936) Writer
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 2:58 PM
DH has medicine related anger issues. Keppra causes it as it works on brain chemistry to stop Epileptic seizures. We knew going into him being put onto it, that it might rear its ugly head. DD & I just make a look between us & then we say nothing until he lets it blow out, then we usually put him to bed so he sleeps it off. The anger is still so much better then 30-75 cascade seizures daily.
bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM

We handle these outbursts the same way you do, with me giving him a look usually and him realizing he's losing it a bit, then we get quiet and I give him his space for a bit until he's calmer and we cuddle at bedtime without issue.

It's really good that the medication helps your dh with his seizures - anger's got to be much easier to contend with and less scary by far! Did he always have epilepsy or did it develop as a result of injury or something?

Quoting squeekers: DH has medicine related anger issues. Keppra causes it as it works on brain chemistry to stop Epileptic seizures. We knew going into him being put onto it, that it might rear its ugly head. DD & I just make a look between us & then we say nothing until he lets it blow out, then we usually put him to bed so he sleeps it off. The anger is still so much better then 30-75 cascade seizures daily.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Do you ever quarrel over anything?

Quoting lapcounter: No.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM
No, we have gotten our communication down to where we don't fight, we really didn't before either.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM
We did in the beginning of our marriage. I once got so mad at DH because he poured milk on my cereal before I was ready! I didn't want soggy cereal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UCFknight
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Usually over something sports related! It's nothing too big that google or ESPN can't resolve ;)

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM

That's great! This is just about the only time we disagree at all, least of all calling it a fight. He just hates his job but can't quit, either, so it builds up until he explodes on the nearest person he knows will take it and still be there in the morning.

Quoting lapcounter: No, we have gotten our communication down to where we don't fight, we really didn't before either.
Quoting bamababe1975:

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Ew, I don't like soggy cereal, either, but he never fixes me cereal unless I ask and if I ask, I'm ready for it... fortunately, lol. Have you had any silly fights like that recently?

Quoting lillybug222: We did in the beginning of our marriage. I once got so mad at DH because he poured milk on my cereal before I was ready! I didn't want soggy cereal.

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM

LOL! Like what?

Quoting UCFknight:

Usually over something sports related! It's nothing too big that google or ESPN can't resolve ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN