Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH: Why do you give me brown bread sandwiches? I thought you loved me!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM
  • 15 Replies

Yes, those are the words that were "whined" to me yesterday after work, lol.

And my reply was, "I give you brown bread because I DO love you, it's better for you!"

He pretended to stomp out of the room with his head hung low - totally in front of the kids  (ages 10-16) for their amusement. The laughter that ensued was priceless!

Yes, I make his lunches, he drives 10-12hrs a day, so I throw a lunch together for him when I'm making my own and the 4 kids' lunches too. It's better than him trying to stop to get food on the road & buy the "quick" stuff that he doesn't need to be eating.

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Good for you.

I have a stack full of brown bread in the freezer i would say like five. My friend said we will survive during the zombie take over. Lol. But it is better to make lunch and take it to work then going out and gettng fast food.
Serenity7
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Ok

photo pumkin_zps0a17ca7e.png 

printerr
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
My hubby prefers white too. I compromise and buy him whole grain white that I find at Aldi. He's never complained, so I guess he likes it ok.
Zombienator9
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 7:34 AM
There was a study recently that shows wheat bread isn't any better for you then white.

Something with the way the sugar breaks down in your body.

Or so I've heard... I haven't tesearched yet because I only eat rye bread or potato bread.
waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM
"Brown bread" is no better for you then white bread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate when women feel they need to justify an action of love for their spouse. You make his lunches, awesome! I make my DH's lunches as well.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Sep. 24, 2014 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree! Although, I'd be lying if I said I've never done it before. Why do you think we do that? Even if other people did judge, it's not like their opinion matters. We do what we do because it works for us, who cares what anyone else thinks?!

Quoting furbabymum:

I hate when women feel they need to justify an action of love for their spouse. You make his lunches, awesome! I make my DH's lunches as well.

furbabymum
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I don't see it a lot in real life but on CM I see it all the time. A woman does something nice for her husband and then has to justify it. It makes me sad that being nice to your spouse is something that requires justification.

Quoting MomToovey:

I totally agree! Although, I'd be lying if I said I've never done it before. Why do you think we do that? Even if other people did judge, it's not like their opinion matters. We do what we do because it works for us, who cares what anyone else thinks?!

Quoting furbabymum:

M4LG5
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree....even though I don't make his lunch.....but I agree that if we choose to do something out of love, then we shouldn't justify it. 

Quoting furbabymum:

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 5:01 PM

ditto!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)