Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do I become a better wife?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM
  • 32 Replies

I need to learn how to brush off my husbands lies ... I need to learn how to accept the fact that when I ask him about something, he is going to lie about it. 

All I ever wanted was to be a good wife. He is a good man in so many ways and we have a nice, comfortable life together. I love him very much and I know that he loves me very much. Unfortunately, in my marriage love doesn't come with respect ... 

I need to learn how to accept the fact that my husband is extremely immature when it comes to handling issues that come up in our  life. 

To be a good wife to my husband I have to accept that he has his own little secrets and wishes to not include me. 

I have to keep reminding myself that my husband truly is a good man with a good heart. I must always remember that he loves me and he is a good provider. I will have to accept the fact that my husband has no respect for me or for our marriage. 

There has got to be someone out there who has been through this and can give me some advice on how to be a good wife when he is not being a good husband 

Thank you 

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeful_leslie
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Do what? So you be the better wife while he walks all over you with lies? Mmmmk
Chantilly1
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM

i hear what you're saying and this is why it is soooo hard. 

I love him. I love the life I know we could have together. 

Maybe it's me. Maybe I need to be a better wife. more understanding. I don't know how to handle is ill communication and his immature lies and secets... maybe if i knew how to handle it better it will stop ruining my marriage :( 

I don't want to be alone.....

olliesmommy2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm. You said it. Accept he doesn't respect you, or command that he does, or leave. I wouldn't stay with someone who lies to me. I hope you find the courage and self respect to demand your husband treat you fairly,
Chantilly1
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM

how do you demand someone to respect you? 

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM

The only way you are going to be a better anything is to get rid of the lying douche and find someone worthy of who you are. Then you are at least better off.

His lying and secret keeping is all on him. It has nothing to directly do with you except that you think it's you. It's not. It's all him.

And honestly, alone isn't a bad thing. It would give you time to learn to love and value yourself. Then the right person will come along.

UCFknight
by Brenda on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:02 PM

According to this, I am a terrible wife!!! A few questions:

why do do you have to accept his lies and secrets?

why do you have to continue to be mistreated?

why do you have to continue to be disrespected?

My husband doesn't lie to me, or keep secrets. He has never mistreated me, and he holds me as his equal. I am his partner. I respect, honor, and love him. He does the same for me. No lies or secrets, or being disrespected. 

shymom835
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this

hello chantilly1,

No need for you to accept the fact at all about your husbands lies and disrespect toward you Period.

My advice to you is to look in the mirror and say I am good Wife all the time and he needs to learn to accept and appreciate you more than just Wisely at times. He needs help not you Honey.

good luck

Chantilly1
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM

thank you 

how do i teach him to be honest?
how do i show him I can handle his honesty a lot better than his lies? 

Serenity7
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

photo pumkin_zps0a17ca7e.png 

iluvtheSims
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Ugh no, he sounds like he needs to grow up for real... I cannot stand liars, I would not be married to a habitial liar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)