Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the ONE big thing you wish you could have done differently at your wedding?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 18 Replies

What is the ONE big thing you wish you could have done differently at your wedding? Could be anything to do with your dress/makeup/hair, venue, the guests, bridal party,  proposal, or even your groom! Please also include your first name and age, as your response may be used in an upcoming CafeMom feature. Thanks in advance!

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I wish I would have chosen a different maid of honor.

almburr
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Should have gone to Vegas with maid of honor and her dh and best man and his wife. Then come back and have a little reception.

My mother was into everything. She felt she was entitled to make decisions.

Ann 39
UCFknight
by Brenda on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

We would have sat and actually eaten our catered dinner! Lol, we were so busy taking pictures, listening to speeches from family/friends, and visiting with guests, that we only got a bite or two to actually eat! Our first meal out as a married couple was at 1am after our wedding to Denny's! Lol, we were starving!  Brenda, 31

bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM
The only thing I would change is the fact that I busted my head on the car door when I reached in to get my fingernail polish. They have pictures of me laying down on the floor and I'm as white as aghost. I don't really remember any of the wedding either. Sarah 31
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
vicky33006
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Gotten married! If I could change one thing from that day it would be marrying him. It ended in divorce. Haha. In all seriousness though, it was really a very nice wedding and the very last time my brother was happy and healthy before he passed from leukemia. For that reason I would change a thing.
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM

I honestly can't think of a single thing. We were married almost 23 years ago and it is still the most perfect day of my life.

Laurie-51

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Bump for when I can poor some more thought into my response.
JCplus1
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Since the only say I had was picking my wedding party.

I would change everything.
I wanted a 7pm ceremony on june 21st. A classic black and white wedding.

We moved our date up a week because it was father's day weekend (and my husband is SUPPOSE to have his kids that weekend- court ordered). His youngest picked our peacock theme. Since their bedtime is 8-9, we had an afternoon wedding. Needless to say, changing what I wanted to having his children involved cost aprox $7000 more, and his ex refused to let the children come. (she doesn't like me, feelings mutual- but I'm good to their kids and that's ALL that should matter)

However, at the end of the day, I married my husband, and that's the whole point. How we got there, doesn't really matter in the end.
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Not married him....I had doubts.

Besides that....make someone I trust to make sure the photographer took all the pictures we asked for. I gave him a list and he didn't do it all. I was too caught up in the moment to remember everything. It would have been nice to have someone remind him.
imyourPuppy
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Have a distant ion wedding with my close family ONLY.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)