Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5th anniversary and Marriage Revival - in one year!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:03 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello ladies,

I am looking for some good ideas for a 3 day weekend for our fifth anniversary in December, next year! I am planning on saving up for it myself with money I earn so it doesn't take away from our other responsibilities and savings. We are working real hard at getting our marriage back on track. I have gotten advice from many friends, finally...he is deciding to takes the steps needed with me. We are working on communication with each other and quality time. We are going through the five love languages book with another couple. We try to meet atleast once a month. I am planning on trying to obtain the Love Dare, I heard that was a really good book to try as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for a Northern California Vacation? We live in Central Valley, so it has to be someplace we can drive to and be back home within 3 days. He likes fishing and hiking, I am game for almost anything. Oh, not near any volcanoes..I got that vetoed already :( lol. And maybe someplace that gets plowed a lot if it snows? I was thinking Tahoe originally, but I am worried about us getting snowed in.

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 16, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

No idea on this one I am in FL so I have no clue, I would do something you both like so you can both have fun... Good luck and enjoy!

UCFknight
by Brenda on Oct. 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved Lake Tahoe. We went in February! We didn't have any issues with the snow or fear of being snowed in. Is it really that bad in December, that early into winter? I say do it, but that's just me. Catalina island is awesome but that is probably too far of a drive down and ferry ride for you guys. Congrats! And continue with your studies, and love dare, definitely!! ;)

MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 16, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I know we've already been talking about this. I'm not very familiar with the Northern California area. I've been to San Fransisco, but that's it. Maybe you can go up to Napa and take some wine tours?

Good luck with everything, we've read The Five Love Languages and have done the Love Dare, they were great :)

furbabymum
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think the love dare will help. It's not a couples book so much as it is one person doing for the other. I suppose that's up to you. No Idea abhout CA though.

HappyMommyToo
by Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Thank you!

Quoting LadyBast:

No idea on this one I am in FL so I have no clue, I would do something you both like so you can both have fun... Good luck and enjoy!

HappyMommyToo
by Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 11:07 PM
I don't know, but with snow you never know. But thank you!

Quoting UCFknight:

I loved Lake Tahoe. We went in February! We didn't have any issues with the snow or fear of being snowed in. Is it really that bad in December, that early into winter? I say do it, but that's just me. Catalina island is awesome but that is probably too far of a drive down and ferry ride for you guys. Congrats! And continue with your studies, and love dare, definitely!! ;)

HappyMommyToo
by Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 11:32 PM
We don't drink, but I might check out Mendocino or maybe Calistoga Springs. I lived in Sebastopol until I was 12. :)

Quoting MomToovey:

I know we've already been talking about this. I'm not very familiar with the Northern California area. I've been to San Fransisco, but that's it. Maybe you can go up to Napa and take some wine tours?

Good luck with everything, we've read The Five Love Languages and have done the Love Dare, they were great :)

HappyMommyToo
by Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I think it would help us to do more for each other than we do, and mot just the daily husband wife stuff that gets taken for granted. Is there anything you do recommend?

Quoting furbabymum:

I don't think the love dare will help. It's not a couples book so much as it is one person doing for the other. I suppose that's up to you. No Idea abhout CA though.

furbabymum
by on Oct. 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Boundaries by Dr. Harry Townsend.

I haven't read a whole lot of marriage books. The 5 love languages, power of a praying wife and Love Dare were all. The Love Dare is simply a single player system. You're not supposed to let on that you're doing it. It's just supposed to be labors of love for the other person.

Quoting HappyMommyToo: I think it would help us to do more for each other than we do, and mot just the daily husband wife stuff that gets taken for granted. Is there anything you do recommend?
Quoting furbabymum:

HappyMommyToo
by Member on Oct. 18, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Thank you! I didn't know that tidbit about the love dare. I will definitely look into the other two. Boundaries and The Praying Wife sound like they are right up my alley!
Quoting furbabymum:

Boundaries by Dr. Harry Townsend.

I haven't read a whole lot of marriage books. The 5 love languages, power of a praying wife and Love Dare were all. The Love Dare is simply a single player system. You're not supposed to let on that you're doing it. It's just supposed to be labors of love for the other person.

Quoting HappyMommyToo: I think it would help us to do more for each other than we do, and mot just the daily husband wife stuff that gets taken for granted. Is there anything you do recommend?
Quoting furbabymum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)