• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you start to Christmas shop?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM
  • 64 Replies
Who all do yo buy for?
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
estrada_m0mmy
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:47 PM
I should have already started but I'm so behind this year! We have 5DDs. This is the first year we have decided to only buy for our kids. My DH normally beats himself down with OT trying to buy for our 20+ family members not including our kids. =0/
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM

already started

I usually start whenever I find something I know makes a great gift for someone... lol.

buying for SO, my three girls, his son

and then something simple for my coworkers..usually something homemade. maybe something for his parents... something for my brothers.. something for my nephews

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I started in Aug. I have chopped my people to buy for list again. I have 2 kids, DIL, 2 grandkids and 2nd sons GF. I have 4 kids I nanny for. I have 2 sisters and 1 great neice. I'm more than 1/2 way done.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Oh yes that's hard. We usually DH the kids and our parents!
How old are for girls?

Quoting estrada_m0mmy: I should have already started but I'm so behind this year! We have 5DDs. This is the first year we have decided to only buy for our kids. My DH normally beats himself down with OT trying to buy for our 20+ family members not including our kids. =0/
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Gosh I wish I can do homemade. I suck at crafts! LOL

Quoting Fayanne:

already started

I usually start whenever I find something I know makes a great gift for someone... lol.

buying for SO, my three girls, his son

and then something simple for my coworkers..usually something homemade. maybe something for his parents... something for my brothers.. something for my nephews

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I would start early! I need a kick in the pants. LOL

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I started in Aug. I have chopped my people to buy for list again. I have 2 kids, DIL, 2 grandkids and 2nd sons GF. I have 4 kids I nanny for. I have 2 sisters and 1 great neice. I'm more than 1/2 way done.

DVenom
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Already started. Hubby and I donate to a local charity that helps homeless moms get into housing and get employment. That's our Christmas gift to our family. And we have his son to buy for. We don't gift anything to one another. Time with the family and eating lots of good food is all we ever want.
earthangel1967
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually start shopping and buying around Black Friday and Cyber Monday and am usually done shortly after that for our loved ones. 

I buy for Todd sometimes and other times he and I agree to get a shared bigger gift of something we both want equally, like when we got the massage chair for our bedroom for example. 

We buy for Todd's dad (but not my parents bc we agreed we didn't want to exchange gifts we dont' need or want anything) and for my sister (only bc she is so poor... we don't buy for his siblings bc we agreed not to exchange gifts) We buy for each of our 5 adult kids and also for any significant others they may be dating or exclusive with. This year so far, just our youngest daughter and youngest son have significant  others.  We buy for our cat and cockatiel and for our 3 granddoggies and for my parents' cat and for a friend of the family's dog. We buy a small gift for each of the other 5 apts in our building (each building has 6 apts ) complex has almost 1,000 apts. Last year we got them each a 3 wick vanilla snowflake bath and bodyworks candle and put them in sparkly snowflake gift bag so it wasnt too christmassy in case they dont celebrate christmas as we have a very culturally diverse area and set them in front of their doors. We get our dr and her staff a gift  because they are so exceptional. Todd gets his boss a gift. 

We also buy for Toys for Tots and Angel Giving Tree. In order to give even more to Toys for Tots, I also  start entering lots of toys and  kids' books blog giveaways months ahead of time in order to try to win as many as possible to donate as well. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 5:04 AM
Soon, if I see stuff now I buy it.
We mostly have children to buy for
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 5:05 AM
We shop all year for Christmas and birthdays. There are 7 kids under 7 in our immediate family. Then their parents, our parents. Our siblings, our friends.
I would hate to shop for them in a couple months time. Lol
We have already started shopping for Halloween next year! Lmao!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)