Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Video games

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 12 Replies

Both my husband and I love playing video games even at our age.  a couple years ago, some came games came out that required two people to cooperatively work as partners.  One of those was the two person section in Portals 2.  I swear that if two people are wondering about their compatability in real life challenges, this will show each other weaknesses strenths and cooperation in problem solving that will either get you to the finish or kill each other doing it! LOL We finished it but there were times when this worked better than therapy in getting it all out between us, and times we did not speak to each other after a session. but now that we have made it to the end, we found out more about how each other thinks and feels, and actively looked for more cooperative games out there.... There are very few :( .  Any couples out there feel the same?

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the idea of doing something fun to work out our issues but neither of us are gamers.

teensrmyworld
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I get bored almost instantly with any form of sitting down on my butt for too long and I am sorry, but I detest video games.  We won a Wii in a drawing once and I sold it because it was gathering dust.  My kids could also care less so we are kind of a game free zone.  I do like the concept of compatibility, so in the same spirit, my husband and I fence together, HUGE fun and great exercise

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes we enjoy them also and do play them as a family it is a lot of fun when you get at least 2 if not more playing

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We haven't had any video games in the house since the last of our 5 kids moved out and took them all with them. Once in awhile we go somewhere like Game Works or Dave and Busters and play some games together like shoot zombies together as a team or race against one another in cars or such. It's fun once in awhile.  Neither one of us are really into them. 

Both our adult sons are gamers, they own systems and games all the way back to Atari up to the current ones.  Jesse is one of the top players on something called Skyrimm and Elijah more and more frequently scores #1 on expert level playing against others online on Guitar Hero (His username on guitar hero is Peeps Da Fox) His fingers move so fast it is unbelievable watching him play. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

UltimateGrandma
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting earthangel1967:

We haven't had any video games in the house since the last of our 5 kids moved out and took them all with them. Once in awhile we go somewhere like Game Works or Dave and Busters and play some games together like shoot zombies together as a team or race against one another in cars or such. It's fun once in awhile.  Neither one of us are really into them. 

Both our adult sons are gamers, they own systems and games all the way back to Atari up to the current ones.  Jesse is one of the top players on something called Skyrimm and Elijah more and more frequently scores #1 on expert level playing against others online on Guitar Hero (His username on guitar hero is Peeps Da Fox) His fingers move so fast it is unbelievable watching him play. 

My son in law is like that he is a profeesional pianist an degreed music technologist and does music and sound effects for a lot of the games. He is an avid gamer, and anytime there is a super challenge I cant beat on a single player game, I ask him over to help me with it. His fingers and reflexes FLY!!! Lolol!
Serenity7
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Not me

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Cool! : ) Todd and I use to play the  Wii together when the kids were still at home before they took that and  the  others with them. I know we'd play games like that again if we had one so I keep trying to win a wii or a Xbox one and Kinect in my daily hobby of sweepstakes, blog giveaways, etc, those are harder to win because so many more people try for them ... I might break down and buy one at some point but not until I have tried to win for awhile and if I can't then I'll probably buy one. Neither Todd nor I are anywhere even close to gamers even when we have a game system but it's fun for an occasional play date for the two of us. lol 

Quoting UltimateGrandma:
Quoting earthangel1967:

My son in law is like that he is a profeesional pianist an degreed music technologist and does music and sound effects for a lot of the games. He is an avid gamer, and anytime there is a super challenge I cant beat on a single player game, I ask him over to help me with it. His fingers and reflexes FLY!!! Lolol!

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Our oldest son and our youngest adult daughters had a cute conversation on their facebooks recently I got a kick out of .... 

Amanda -21 said "Guess what I got Skyrimm now!

Jesse -27 said " I have Skyrimm for PS3 and 360.  and the Original Xbox and Morrowwind.

Amanda said "YAY then there is still hope of us getting to play TOGETHER?!" (she is  living in Florida and he  lives in Michigan with  the  rest of the family and we're always looking for ways to connect). 

Then he  posted screen shot of his game (he's darkdagger6) 

Darkdagger Six

Darkdagger Six's photo.

Amanda said : WHAT?!!!!   That's tooooooooo high of a level. You could probably set your controller down for about an hour while getting beaten with swords and still be alive. And I thought I was doing okay at level 37! Hahahaha they should consider making skyrim online free roam. Massive world. Would probably take FOREVER to make though.

Jesse said: Elder scrolls is my shit.

I still hold the title of best in the world at morrowind.

And I had first in skyrim for a few monthes.
Im down to 40th something now in skyrim.

Too bad Elijah doesn't get paid for scoring so high so often on Guitar Hero and Jesse for scoring so high so often on Skyrimm and Morrowwind, they coud make a living off it then. haha

UltimateGrandma
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

It is so funny that with video games and social media, we can still stay close as family no matter where we live.  I realize this is not for everybody, but for those of us who enjoy it, it's great.

mummyoftwins92
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I've played that game with my ex and we ended up fighting maybe that was a sign there lol

Quoting UltimateGrandma:

Both my husband and I love playing video games even at our age.  a couple years ago, some came games came out that required two people to cooperatively work as partners.  One of those was the two person section in Portals 2.  I swear that if two people are wondering about their compatability in real life challenges, this will show each other weaknesses strenths and cooperation in problem solving that will either get you to the finish or kill each other doing it! LOL We finished it but there were times when this worked better than therapy in getting it all out between us, and times we did not speak to each other after a session. but now that we have made it to the end, we found out more about how each other thinks and feels, and actively looked for more cooperative games out there.... There are very few :( .  Any couples out there feel the same?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)