Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Broken

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi-  My now ex S/O and I were together two years plus a month.  He has a 6 year old son and 19 year old daughter.  Both of the childrens mothers are/were meth addicts.  Anyway, S/O was custodial to the 6 year old. The little guy and I had a very strong bond.  To have him just ripped out of my life and me being ripped out of his life is killing me.  It seriously feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest.  The S/O wanted me to "replace" the mother of the little one.  I knew I couldn't, wouldn't and shouldn't do that.  I never did.  When ever the little one wanted some love or hugs from his father, he's be moved out of the way and told, "get off me" or "stop bothering me".  WHO DOES THAT? Especially to your own child.  I honestly feel like he sees his son as a burden.  Before me, there was another woman he had move in with him right away.  She left him after 3 months.  What he's doing to his child is so detrimental.  x- S/O says he needs to " work on upkeeping his house, and to take care of himself"  I think his son has ADD/ADHD and won't get him looked at/diagnosed.  I gave this little guy and his dad 110%  of my time and love. 

I guess what all this rambling is about, I won't date a guy with a child/children again.  I can't be hurt like this again or have children/ a child hurt because of his parent's decisions. 

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lapcounter
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like he needs some serious help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UCFknight
by Brenda on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That's heartbreaking. I feel so sad for that little boy. Your ex sounds like he needs some parenting classes.

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree

Quoting UCFknight:

That's heartbreaking. I feel so sad for that little boy. Your ex sounds like he needs some parenting classes.

M4LG5
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry.  The guy sounds like a hot mess!  He needs some serious help.

I know several people that were there for their SO's children, got really close, and then BAM....no more contact.  It's horrible. 

Is there a way you can maintain contact as friend for the boy?

jamamama00
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
That's horrible. Maybe he will remember you as one positive influence in his life (the boy that is.) Men with a history of drug use typically have problems you can't fix:(
LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like he needs help. HUGS to you and be strong it is hard but you can get past it and move on in some time.. 

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

im sorryhugs

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)