• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday cleaning yes or no??

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM
  • 18 Replies

So do you clean for the Holiday's so the house is nice for the family etc.. and then when do you put up your tree for Christmas?

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Yes almost all done including curtains they are done and back up need to dust only I think and done and our tree will go up about Dec 13th I think or before IDK yet I want everyone here this year to help since we do not have Ashley I want it to be a family event my sister and a lot of friends that are family!

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM
We don't really bother as we have Christmas at my family.
Our tree doesn't go up till Xmas eve so we don't have one in our house
dyrissa
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Not especially for xmas, no one comes to our house. Tree goes up sometime after Thanksgiving, I refuse to rush holidays. :)
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:29 PM

We usually put up the tree the first weekend of December.  We'll clean 1-2 days before anyone arrives.....sometimes 1-2 hours.  haha

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Todd and I are both really clean and organized by nature on a daily basis so the upkeep is pretty simple and the house is clean and organized regularily. 

However I do like to do an extra in depth "spring" cleaning behind and under things and inside things and places no one can see or reach normally each spring and then after thanksgiving before xmas. Guests would not be able to see or notice a difference, I do it for me and Todd because we like the "feeling" of knowing how extra clean it is. 

I put up our couple of little simple xmas things and little pre lit table top tree the day or weekend after thanksgiving and leave it up until new years day. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

UCFknight
by Brenda on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Our tree goes up the first week of December. I am trying to talk my husband into doing a live tree, 15 feet tall this year since we will be home for Christmas. This may not happen, but I will still pick at him for a huge tree. I am wanting griswalds style, squirrel and all (okay maybe not the squirrel). Anywho, as far as cleaning goes. I don't go too crazy. 

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I clean my house all the time

jewels.unicorn
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Yes, we mad clean, lol. Well, we clean around the renos and try to get more of them done.

We host everyone at our place, grandparents all the way down to the little ones, so we have to make sure everyone is comfortable.

We will get our tree from Ikea in a couple weeks. We always get a real tree, so we try to get it later but not too late that we can't enjoy it long enough :)

PrincessAsmommy
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I try to clean a little deeper than usual right before we decorate. Part of that is moving any furniture we want/need to re-arrange and stowing some of the kids ' toys  so that we have space for people to just hang out in the family room without having to wade thru the usual chaos.

We always light our Countdown Candle and start the kids' calendar on Dec 1 and our elf shows up that day too. So we typically decorate then or get it started at least. It took some convincing much I managed to convince Dh to do it this weekend and I can't wait!

epoh
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM
My house is cleaned regularly so nothing significant has to happen for it to be presentable to guests.

I'll put up the tree when the kids start to get on me about it. I'm not very much of a holiday person beyond just enjoying the time with the people I love, but when the children ask I gladly oblige.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)