• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever feel like you want your own room?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:30 PM
  • 21 Replies
Our marriage has been rocky the past 6 or so months. But I don't really think this is the reason why I want my own room. Literally the minute my feet hit the floor I'm tending to somebody even in my sleep I'm nursing all night. After everybody falls asleep I just want to be left alone. I don't want to hear the tv. I don't want to talk. I'm just exhausted. I just want somewhere to go at that end of the day where it's just for me. My own comfortable bed. Just my own space. Like right now my husband is listening to the verdict on his iPad all loud. Sure it's sad what happened but I really just don't want to hear ANYTHING right now! I wish I just had my own room to go in and shut the door and sleep. I seriously considering turning our empty den into my room.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen-jen99
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:33 PM
YES every single day!!
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:35 PM

my room pretty much IS my own room... DH stays up until odd hours gaming... -_- Both of my sons are in their own rooms... I share the bed with a 90 lb dog and 13 lb cat... thats it until around 3am... and by than? I am passed out!!

SoInLove515
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I need to get our cable hooked up. My husband usually will fall asleep on the couch stuffing his face and watching tv. Then I can have the room to myself.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

my room pretty much IS my own room... DH stays up until odd hours gaming... -_- Both of my sons are in their own rooms... I share the bed with a 90 lb dog and 13 lb cat... thats it until around 3am... and by than? I am passed out!!

ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

we have no TV, or cellphones, no laptops, none of that allowed in our room... :)

Quoting SoInLove515: I need to get our cable hooked up. My husband usually will fall asleep on the couch stuffing his face and watching tv. Then I can have the room to myself.
Quoting ilovemykids732:

-Stephanie, SAHM mom of 2, [4 years old and 11 month] both boys. Married for 5 years, been with my husband for 10!! :) Have lived in Western MA my whole life. 

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:21 PM

welcome to adult life

it doesn't last forever, hang in there

waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Hell there are times I wish I had my own damn house.

M4LG5
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Me too

Quoting jen-jen99: YES every single day!!
4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 3:14 AM
Well my house is a nice size. One time I was soo pissed, I slept in my back room. Hooked the TV up and I had a peaceful night. Lol
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:15 AM

We are separated but still sharing our house, I have my own room, it's awesome.

UCFknight
by Brenda on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

We are the same. No distractions in our bedroom! 

Quoting ilovemykids732:

we have no TV, or cellphones, no laptops, none of that allowed in our room... :)

Quoting SoInLove515: I need to get our cable hooked up. My husband usually will fall asleep on the couch stuffing his face and watching tv. Then I can have the room to myself.
Quoting ilovemykids732:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)