Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband told me a secret

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM
  • 153 Replies
8 moms liked this

My husband Charlie told me a secret at the end of October and we are staying together.Charlie told me that he wanted to become a woman,knew as a child he should of been born female.He began seeing a therapist in November and he has gender dysphoria.I am taking and adjusting very well supporting him.Charlie did start the hormone therapy on Monday.Plus he is going live and dress as Cheryl fulltime starting Saturday,does not want live as male anymore.So far everything is going good,announced at work that he was going through the transition to become a woman.Decided to stay together,we have two sons together including 3 daughters we adopted.My oldest son already said he will love Cheryl as a loving step father still.His dad is doing ok with this and thought it was his fault at first.I told him it was not his fault.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM
5 moms liked this

Congrats to you for staying with him!

ame4c
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM
I knew a family that did this exact thing. I always wondered if he turns into a female does it void your marriage? These days same sex marriage is allowed more places than 15 yrs ago when the couple I knew of did this. He went from Dwayne and changed to Dianne. I know he had a ruff time at work (we worked in the same building). Woman would complain about him using the woman's restroom and the men harassed him/her too. I left before he had his surgery so I dont know how it went.
alexisb3
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Said he is going to keep his male parts,some decide not to have the have the gender reassignment surgery.

Quoting ame4c: I knew a family that did this exact thing. I always wondered if he turns into a female does it void your marriage? These days same sex marriage is allowed more places than 15 yrs ago when the couple I knew of did this. He went from Dwayne and changed to Dianne. I know he had a ruff time at work (we worked in the same building). Woman would complain about him using the woman's restroom and the men harassed him/her too. I left before he had his surgery so I dont know how it went.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:09 PM
I wish you two the best.

Quoting alexisb3:

My husband Charlie told me a secret at the end of October and we are staying together.Charlie told me that he wanted to become a woman,knew as a child he should of been born female.He began seeing a therapist in November and he has gender dysphoria.I am taking and adjusting very well supporting him.Charlie did start the hormone therapy on Monday.Plus he is going live and dress as Cheryl fulltime starting Saturday,does not want live as male anymore.So far everything is going good,announced at work that he was going through the transition to become a woman.Decided to stay together,we have two sons together including 3 daughters we adopted.My oldest son already said he will love Cheryl as a loving step father still.His dad is doing ok with this and thought it was his fault at first.I told him it was not his fault.

24clark
by Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 12:21 AM
3 moms liked this

Congrats to her. This is not an easy thing to live with, denial, that is. Glad you are being supportive too. Our son just told us a few months ago that he was transgender. It was pretty weird at first yet made perfect sense all at the same time. 

MissiNy
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:18 AM

That is amazing that you are being so supportive.. Do you have younger children? If so how will you explain the transition to them? Living in denial and living a lye has got to be the hardest thing anyone can have to do.. it will be hard on everyone but he'll be happier for it, thus making y ou as a family happier..good luck

RoaringLion
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Good luck to the two of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 2:48 AM
5 moms liked this

A real example of unconditional love! Awww! I wish your  whole family the very best! 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

alexisb3
by Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM

We have explained the transition to our younger kids too already. 

Quoting MissiNy:

That is amazing that you are being so supportive.. Do you have younger children? If so how will you explain the transition to them? Living in denial and living a lye has got to be the hardest thing anyone can have to do.. it will be hard on everyone but he'll be happier for it, thus making y ou as a family happier..good luck

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Dec. 5, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Wish you guys the very best :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)