Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Dinner Question

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:57 AM
  • 37 Replies

apron Does your familiy tend to have the same or similar foods that are traditional for your family each year for Christmas and if so what kinds of foods are those? 

Or does your family tend to have something new and or different for Christmas most year? 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Our family likes to have something new and different each year. Also we never have turkey for Christmas, because we all think it's too close to Thanksgiving to do so, at least in regarding our preferences. 

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:15 AM

We have 2 traditional meals.

Christmas eve we have fondue, breads, special cakes and biscuits and a cold meats - a ham usually and sausages (Christmas eve is our big day)

on Christmas day we have a goose

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:13 AM
We just do Christmas brunch and I host and like to do something different each year. I'm going to give a Yule log a try this year.
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:40 AM

We do Christmas Eve dinner and brunch for Christmas.  Both of those meals are at my BIL's house down the street. 

This year, we are deep frying a turkey and my BIL is smoking a ham. This is the first year in about 8 years that we've had turkey and ham..normally, we do a chili bar, or something else. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Mmmm! I LOVE fondue, what kind of fondue are you doing, the oil, the cheese or chocolate or all 3 or other?
Quoting StreetsAhead:

Christmas eve we have fondue, breads, special cakes and biscuits and a cold meats - a ham usually and sausages (Christmas eve is our big day)

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Good idea, yule logs are cute and yummy too

Quoting MixedCooke: We just do Christmas brunch and I host and like to do something different each year. I'm going to give a Yule log a try this year.

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM

That's nice your bil's is so nearby. We do a brunch on easter. : ) 

Quoting mcginnisc:

We do Christmas Eve dinner and brunch for Christmas.  Both of those meals are at my BIL's house down the street. 

This year, we are deep frying a turkey and my BIL is smoking a ham. This is the first year in about 8 years that we've had turkey and ham..normally, we do a chili bar, or something else. 

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Cheese (we are Swiss, one thing we do well :) )
We have a lot of chocolate not liquid though

Quoting earthangel1967: Mmmm! I LOVE fondue, what kind of fondue are you doing, the oil, the cheese or chocolate or all 3 or other?

Quoting StreetsAhead:

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

MMMM!!! Yummy yum yum! 

Quoting StreetsAhead: Cheese (we are Swiss, one thing we do well :) ) We have a lot of chocolate not liquid though
Quoting earthangel1967: Mmmm! I LOVE fondue, what kind of fondue are you doing, the oil, the cheese or chocolate or all 3 or other?
Quoting StreetsAhead:

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM

we always do a ham or turkey. last few years its been a ham tho because our local grocery store has a special every year that if you buy a ham, you get a turkey for free. so we eat the turkey at thanksgiving and freeze the ham and eat it for christmas. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)