Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We Got Our Bedroom Painted : ) (Before and After Pics)

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:20 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

We rent a little apt that we love. It came with the kitchen and bathroom painted white and the living room and bedroom painted beige with white trim, doors, ceilings. That all works well with the colors we have it decorated in, in most of the rooms, but our bedroom was mostly gray, white, black and silver, so we thought it would look better painted a pale silvery gray. We are allowed to paint however if we ever move we have to either repaint it back original or pay to have it painted back original. We decided that since we hope to live here  indefintely as long as life allows us too, that it would be worth it to us. So we had a painter come paint the bedroom for us. The lighting in the pics doesn't really show the true color, I think it almost looks like a hint of purple in the lighting of the pics, but it's not like that in real life. It's just silvery gray.  Anyway we like it and I"m excited to have it done before Christmas. 

What color is your bedroom? 

Have you had any of your rooms painted? Did you paint them or have some paint them for you? 

The beige walls is the before pic and the silvery gray are the afters: 

BEFORE: 

BEFORE: 

AFTER: 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UCFknight
by Brenda on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice! It's a very soothing color! Our rental is like that also. We have to repaint when we move out. We do accent walls, but didn't paint our bedroom. I have an ocean theme so my accent walls are soft blue colors.

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. : ) Yes I agree with you about it seeming more soothing. Todd and I both agreed the room looks and feels more relaxing now. 

Quoting UCFknight:

Nice! It's a very soothing color! Our rental is like that also. We have to repaint when we move out. We do accent walls, but didn't paint our bedroom. I have an ocean theme so my accent walls are soft blue colors.

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it very nice.
aidensmom0407
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Very nice!! What a difference a coat of paint makes, huh? We did the same thing and our house looks like we did an extreme makeover when all we did was paint the walls.
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I love gray! I found a valspar paint called lilac gray. I painted one wall in our, bedroom with it.
earthangel1967
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:19 PM

We love gray too, it makes a good neutral other than whites or earthtones. Our Behr paint color was called Cathedral Gray. 

Quoting A.J.s_mommy: I love gray! I found a valspar paint called lilac gray. I painted one wall in our, bedroom with it.

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

I do my own painting. My bedroom is a honey gold color

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

lizzy-k
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

lol,,, thats the same color that mine is..i love it

Serenity7
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks nice

photo christmasla_zps47819668.png 

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Dec. 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

That is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brings a whole new depth to the room. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)