Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible Husband Rant

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:04 PM
  • 40 Replies
We live paycheck to paycheck, sometimes needing help in between. As a mother, I'll do whatever it takes to provide a Christmas for my children.

I recently sold items online and connected with an amazing woman. She is a true blessing. She bought my items and after we chatted she ended up giving me toys her children never played with or barely did. Things like a giant play kitchen. All for free!

So tonight I'm thanking God for providing people places and things like that. I was able to get a few things from the dollar store and ended up making felt toys made with much love! I then realized my husband hasn't done a thing for them to at least try and make Christmas special for them. Incase you say..well he works! ( he was fired from his last job and just started a new one..when he got played he spent all this money on New clothes, fast food for himself and the girls he has been cheating on me with) that's another story though.

I've been paying bills, eating Raman so my children can eat good and struggling to give them Christmas.

I'm so disgusted by this man.

I'm not going to leave so you can save that speech lol I know my grammar sucks and whatnot. Just venting.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
You "rant" but choose to stay in a bad situation? Interesting. I hope your children have a lovely Christmas.
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:12 PM

I'm so glad that you were able to put together something that your kids will love for Christmas!  

I do have to agree with the PP, however, in that it doesn't sound like a situation that I would be making permanent.

lapcounter
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry I don't feel sorry for someone who won't change their situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMIC
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:15 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes because it's so easy to just get up and leave, have my children live on the street with me. I can't just leave, it's not that simple. Why don't you look around, and imagine having to just get up and leave...leave your home that you built, make your children leave their rooms and belongings behind, change schools and fight custody battles for years and go through divorce and parenting classes and have to see your husband regardless because you chose to have kids with him. Now tell me to just leave.

Quoting A.J.s_mommy: You "rant" but choose to stay in a bad situation? Interesting. I hope your children have a lovely Christmas.
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I never told you to leave. You should be directing this anger towards your husband. I just find it odd to bitch about something but not do anything about it. And...I wouldn't be leaving. He would.

Quoting MMIC: Yes because it's so easy to just get up and leave, have my children live on the street with me. I can't just leave, it's not that simple. Why don't you look around, and imagine having to just get up and leave...leave your home that you built, make your children leave their rooms and belongings behind, change schools and fight custody battles for years and go through divorce and parenting classes and have to see your husband regardless because you chose to have kids with him. Now tell me to just leave.

Quoting A.J.s_mommy: You "rant" but choose to stay in a bad situation? Interesting. I hope your children have a lovely Christmas.
Greenenvy
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MMIC: Yes because it's so easy to just get up and leave, have my children live on the street with me. I can't just leave, it's not that simple. Why don't you look around, and imagine having to just get up and leave...leave your home that you built, make your children leave their rooms and belongings behind, change schools and fight custody battles for years and go through divorce and parenting classes and have to see your husband regardless because you chose to have kids with him. Now tell me to just leave.
I did leave, 2 years ago. I left our newly built dream home, the man I loved, left every possession behind minus the clothes I could pack into my car for me and three kids and moved a thousand miles away. I miss my old life, my old home and the family we had built but we survived. Don't stay in a bad situation like that, it is possible to build a better life for yourself and your kids.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM

great example for your kids to follow...

Megzboys
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Not all women can afford to get out of a situation like that without some fallout.  She is trying her best to keep her kids fed and housed.    We all need to be able to vent our frustration though.   

I love my boys

boy kissing mom                                        

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Glad your kids will have a Christmas.
soooowhatnow
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 4:07 AM
Honey. I'm in your boat. The only difference is my husband refuses to work. He has drained us financially. I finally said enough. My kids and I are still a family with him but I eat healthy as he struggles.

I don't feel at all guilty. Kind thoughts and well wishes for a better financial outlook for 2015.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)