Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Age gap relationships?

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:03 AM
  • 26 Replies
Anyone have a bigger gap? Like, 8+ years?

Do you think they can work out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this
We do, there are 17 years between my husband and I, so yes, of course I know they can work out. Just like any relationship, it depends on the people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband just turned 50 in November and I will be 40 in March. We seem to be doing pretty good. I haven't killed him yet :D

Serenity7
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is 8 years older then me. As far as a couple working it out. That depends on the couple

Amber5151
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:05 AM
17 and a half years.

It works
kajira
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:09 AM

My husband and I are almost 14 years apart, we've been married for almost 9 years.

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Yes, my husband is 17 years older than I am. We have now been married for 16 years, together for 18 years and it's worked out very well, I have no regrets at all.

Michelle

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:56 AM
My dad is 14 years older than my mom. They divorced when I was an adult, but it had nothing to do with the age difference. Can it work, yes. But as the daughter of parents with such a large age gap, I don't know that it's ideal. My dad was 44 when I was born & 46 when my brother was born. My mom was only 30 & 32. It's incredibly sad to me that I will have my dad for a lot less time than my older siblings from his first marriage. On the flip side, my dad is amazing -- my very favorite person, and I know I'm luckier than most.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Young parents can die too.

Quoting lillybug222: My dad is 14 years older than my mom. They divorced when I was an adult, but it had nothing to do with the age difference. Can it work, yes. But as the daughter of parents with such a large age gap, I don't know that it's ideal. My dad was 44 when I was born & 46 when my brother was born. My mom was only 30 & 32. It's incredibly sad to me that I will have my dad for a lot less time than my older siblings from his first marriage. On the flip side, my dad is amazing -- my very favorite person, and I know I'm luckier than most.

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM

I don't see any reason for them to not work out as long as the younger person is fine with a slower paced life if that's how the older person is.  I can't imagine an older person with a mature, stable life wanting to be with someone who wants to be out at all hours paryting.  But as long as both parties are on the same page as far as what kind of lifestyle they want, I think it's fine.  There is only 5 years between me and my hubby, but 8 years is only 3 more than that and I don't see how that would make any difference at all to us.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Each couple is different.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)