Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to know

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • 44 Replies
10 years ago I had left my husband and when I had got back with him I had found out that I was with child. Now her father had found me and he want a test done. I do not have a problem doing the test but he will not pay for because her last name is the same as mine which is mine husbands. So I don't know what to do. He had told me that he is giving me until February to get the test done. Please help. I had told him if he pay for it then I will change her last name to his only if mine changes to.
Bigmama224
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Getting a test done has nothing to do with last name....no matter the results. You don't have to change the name.
MonarchMom22
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Not sure I understand what you are asking.  Why do you want to get a paternity test done?

Does your husband and daughter know about this question of paternity?  do you plan on telling them?

What good will come out of this for your daughter?

If you are not seeking child support from this other man, then why are you going through this?  it seems like it would be very disruptive to your family, and not bring about anything good.

MonarchMom22
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Why on earth would you change your name???  

casah4
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this

If he wants a paternity test, he can pay for it.

ame4c
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Exactly and he can't force you to test either without a court order and to get one of those he has to take you to court and pay for it.

Quoting M4LG5: Getting a test done has nothing to do with last name....no matter the results. You don't have to change the name.
DelilahsMom4108
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM
If it's his issue he can pay for it...there's no reason for you to HAVE to test or pay
Serenity7
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM

If he wants the test done. He can pay for it.

JesusistheReason-Linda-Dazed
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

huh?

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:31 PM

If he wants it, he pays for it. And if he wants to be a part of the daughter's life and change her name to his, then he needs to fill out all the paperwork. 

This is ALL on him, nothing for you do to.

bigmama224
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:31 PM
He wants her to have his last name
Bigmama224
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)