Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would your DH leave you and 3 year old home alone with the flu?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 81 Replies

Just curious!  We are on day 5 in bed with the flu and DH gets off work this am and goes to a football game.  I'm not talking the sniffles.  We have been extremely sick and still are.  Would your DH leave you in this condition?  Would you want him to?  

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SLGross215
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely not. I wouldn't want him to miss work, but there's no way he'd head out to a game if we were that sick.
SitaStJames
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:54 PM

my husband knows I am absolutely the worst when I'm sick. I'm weepy, over dramatic, I lay in bed or on couch all day and just literally act like I'm on my death bed. (lol) No way he would leave me to go hang out with his friends or a football game. 

UCFknight
by Brenda on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:00 PM

He would never do that. He hovers a lot when I am sick, doing hourly checks like a hospital nurse would. I'm sorry you and your little one are so sick. My husband took time off work to care for me when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. He was very bored. But it was nice having him just a bell ring away (his idea, not mine)! I hope the flu ends soon!

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:03 PM

To go to work, yes. To go to a football game, absolutely not! He would never even consider it!

ZombieChicken
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:06 PM
If it were a professional game and a special treat, he could go. If we were ticket holders, I would expect him to stay home.
DakotaHaley
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Yeah he probably would. I wouldn't mind either way. When I'm sick I am miserable and not much he could do for me.

So yeah if it was a flu or cold he probably would, but if it was serious he wouldn't.

Miller0305
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I would tell him to go. I wouldn't want him getting sick.
Liz132
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:08 PM

My dh probably would but that doesn't mean I think it's right.

xoxlpkrxox
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:08 PM

For work he would yes. Just to thang out with friends, no. He would be more than willing to stay home and help me.

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Meh, I'm a big girl and can take care of myself and our kid. I do it most of the time anyway since DH's job takes him out of town all the time. Now it's rare that DH wants to go anywhere, but if he bought tickets to something, yeah, I'd not only let him, I'd insist on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)