Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is lack of sex in a marriage harmful?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:33 PM
  • 22 Replies

my dh and i just dont "do it" that much anymore... maybe once a month, he gets oral in the interim, but i need something once in awhile... i feel as though he doesnt want to have sex with me... i have to beg him. but he makes it know when i havnt pleased him... its not a huge deal to me i guess that we arent having sex more only because i am just so tired with 3 kids, a puppy and full time job that i would rather sleep. but at times i feel like it could harm us down the road cause we are both only 40 and i dont want to lose touch... there are time tho that i was to just be ravenous , but it is always on his terms.... uggh

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkGlitterBomb
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:29 PM
It depends on the couple, and it sounds like for you, it might be. Talk to him. Explain your needs and work together to achieve something that works for both of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:45 PM
Talk it out with him, not when you are trying to have sex. Have open sex conversations. Tell him what you like, don't like. And how you want it. Ask him what's his likes, etc.
earthangel1967
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:24 AM

I agree with both of the other ladies, who posted before me, in all aspects. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

ladyluke2007
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:36 AM

WOW! You seriosly need to have a heart to heart talk with your husband.  Good luck.

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this

you don't want to lose touch? Sounds like you already have.

you have to beg him, it has to be on his terms, and he makes it known if you haven't pleased him.... sex in a marriage should be all about making love, not just getting off... physical and emotional intimacy and connecting. You aren't getting that if you're begging for it, and he's critiquing you.

so, yeah,... you're in trouble.

mommy2smommy2
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I think lack of intimacy can hurt a relationship. I like sex...we like sex, so in my marriage a lack of sex would be harmful!!! But I think some men can start having hormone drops or ED at around 40 so maybe he just needs open conversation and not pressure?? I don't know. I will also say that we go through cycles. We don't always have alot of sex i mean like currently we are in a rut. Everyone in my house has been sick...my body hurts :/ so we havent had much lately

pippi311
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do think the lack of sex or intimacy can hurt a marriage. The best thing you can do is have open and honest communication and if he won't listen or communicate with you ask him to see a therapist with you. 

MrsPez
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Of your not happy then yes
pookietooth
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 11:59 AM

I think that happens a lot. Maybe marriage counseling would help?

Serenity7
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:30 PM

Depends on the marriage

photo linda_zps3b246bbf.jpg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)