Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long Distance

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:35 PM
  • 14 Replies
I am in a long distance relationship . We talk all the time and I miss him . We met online and set a date to finally met each other . I do trust him . Question Does long distance relationship work and have you every been In this type of relationship
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I was for 10 years. Granted we only lived an hour apart and a lot of the time was spent together. It was really hard but also very worth being with DH
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:51 PM

in one now.

it can work, but...

he and I became close before he moved away. I don't think you can truly get to know someone from a distance.

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:52 PM

so you haven't actually met yet???

Quoting Gabbie1971: I am in a long distance relationship . We talk all the time and I miss him . We met online and set a date to finally met each other . I do trust him . Question Does long distance relationship work and have you every been In this type of relationship

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Sure they work all the time.
I personally never been in one. But believe it can work. Many others do it.

Quoting Gabbie1971: I am in a long distance relationship . We talk all the time and I miss him . We met online and set a date to finally met each other . I do trust him . Question Does long distance relationship work and have you every been In this type of relationship
Gabbie1971
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:59 PM
No not yet but I'm excited. Hope everything goes well when met . I see him in picture when he send it to me .

Quoting Fayanne:

so you haven't actually met yet???

beeky
by Alexandra on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:06 PM

When I met my husband, he lived in England and I lived in Canada.  

We've been married for 26 years.

PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 3:56 AM
I'm sure it does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
printerr
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 7:26 AM
DH and I were on 2 different continents for almost 4 years before we got married. We had dated only a few months before the 4 years apart. We had very little contact while apart due to him not having money for phone minutes or internet access. But we had a son, so we stuck it out until he could get a visa to come back to me. We've been married 3 years now.
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 10:16 AM
It can work, but it takes a lot of extra commitment and dedication. Dh is a long haul truck driver and is gone for weeks at a time. He's been doing it for over four years now and our relationship is stronger than ever. But its very difficult some times. Relationships are never easy, but when you add the element of distance, it can make keeping it alive miserable some times.
Serenity7
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 10:25 AM

It depends on the couple. Weather it will work or not

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)