Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camping

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:47 PM
  • 27 Replies
Dh loves camping and I do to but this past year I haven't gone since we just had a baby. But he has with his friends. Thursday he leaves for his next adventure while I stay home (he's going on a mountain where conditions are harsh) . Yes it does bother me goes and I have stated it, he goes anyway. It mainly bothers me because I don't get a break ever. He does tell me to go out but I in general have no where to be that doesn't cost money we don't have. We are broke , he's searching for a better job and were moved in with family. My question is do you or your husband go on trips without the other?
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 12:01 AM
DH goes fishing every other weekend with his friends and I go to my parents. I've also taken a few vacations without him. He will also go snowmobiling and four wheeling with his friends from time to time. He rarely goes away overnight bug I do quite often.
_mimimosley_
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 12:53 AM
We do.
blondie0234
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 12:58 AM
He goes fishing over weekends all the time during warmer months. It may be a little more difficult this year with me working later. But I have no issue.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 21, 2015 at 1:58 AM
Yes we have.
Do you have friends? I started going to the mall by myself when my kids were young, going for coffee,manicures, etc. Just to get a break.
earthangel1967
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 3:13 AM

No, we are the type that hate to be apart and feel like anything fun we could do or place we could go is always more fun if the other one is with us.  That's just how we are. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 5:43 AM

let him have his guy time

XDH didn't for recreation, but he traveled for work. SO does, but we're in a LDR.

Find something for yourself that doesn't cost a lot. That's not his fault.

UCFknight
by Brenda on Jan. 21, 2015 at 7:29 AM

He has done it for hunting/fishing trips. But I also get my own time in return. Everyone needs a break. you can go on walks, or even a stroll through the mall (leave your cards in the car if need be). I have friends I hang out with, usually at each other' houses. But I have done girls trips to Reno, NV when I lived on the west coast.

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 7:30 AM
Yes we have both been away without the other
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 21, 2015 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
How can he afford to go camping if you are broke?
Spoiled_Blonde
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:17 AM
All the time we do... We'll not all the time we each have about 2 weeks a year that we are on vacation with the guys/girls. Last year I went to Vegas for a week with my girls and he went to Santa Cruz with the boys. It's common here. But we do lots of family stuff too. I'm sorry about your situation, like someone else said how is he going camping if you are broke? Shouldn't he be home too? Hope things get better for you 😊
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)