Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad to say this but...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:41 AM
  • 37 Replies
I want out of my marriage already. I have been feeling this for awhile now. My husband argues about dumb stuff. He screams about everything. He brings up past stuff. Ex: if you had not went on a class trip in june 2014 and saved money oir water bill wouldnt be $ 71.00. You cannot talk to him about anything because he will either ignore you or scream so that you cannot get one word in. sitting him down for a talk is impossible because he literally runs from conversation. Now before we got married he completely changed his ways. He wasnt this way. And its so embarrassing that we went to go see a lawyer about a lawsuit. He was in there talking in circles about one topic. The lawyer asked him to be direct about his answers instead of explaining so that he can fully understand whats going on. He became very mad and screamed and cursed at the lawyer. Then the lawyer asked him to get rid of something totally worthless before a company sue him for it. He got mad about that and said no im keeping it. At this point im embarrassed because he was in there acting like a child. Fast forward to today. We go out to eat. Its rare we get to be alone because we have a two year old at home. We get in tue restaurant and i thought we would talk. No he pulls out his phone to get on facebook. I get pissed and walked out. I am so tired of this. He wont work on anything with me. Bills i pay those. We dont discuss them. Any personal affairs i handle it because he is so embarrassing. He will argue with the light company about how much the bill cost. Household stuff i handle that as well. I am so tired of being the adult in this marriage. Im so disgusted.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UCFknight
by Brenda on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

You can't carry this marriage all by yourself. Are you planning your exit strategy? Does he know just how far gone you are?

Serenity7
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:14 AM

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))

4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:26 AM
Ive been planned my exit. Im waiting until i graduate. And i changed my major just so i can finish quicker. He doesnt know how far im gone because he doesnt listen. Neither do he let me get a word in during an argument. Talking is not an option because he is adament about being right so he will scream,walk away,pretend he cant hear, or just ignore me. And he also doesnt want me going anywhere. And i do me anywhere. Im so exhausted because im constantly dewling with the death of my son (he died before i met dh). This week is the anniversary of his death and im really bothered by how he just doesnt pay attention to how he should be sympathetic to my needs.

Quoting UCFknight:

You can't carry this marriage all by yourself. Are you planning your exit strategy? Does he know just how far gone you are?

UCFknight
by Brenda on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I'm glad you have a plan and will be gone sooner. He sounds just awful.

Quoting 4kings1queen: Ive been planned my exit. Im waiting until i graduate. And i changed my major just so i can finish quicker. He doesnt know how far im gone because he doesnt listen. Neither do he let me get a word in during an argument. Talking is not an option because he is adament about being right so he will scream,walk away,pretend he cant hear, or just ignore me. And he also doesnt want me going anywhere. And i do me anywhere. Im so exhausted because im constantly dewling with the death of my son (he died before i met dh). This week is the anniversary of his death and im really bothered by how he just doesnt pay attention to how he should be sympathetic to my needs.
Quoting UCFknight:

olliesmommy2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:37 AM
I would be gone.
mrfi4916
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh Lord, I've been there. We would agree to certain services and fees, then when the bill would come, he'd scream and bitch and fight about it. The agreement and fees could be clear as day and he'd still fight over them. Then he would expect me to fix it. It was impossible to reason with him, and he would talk over me anytime I'd try to. It would get so bad that he would literally foam at the mouth like a rabid dog. It was so embarrassing when he would throw his mantrums in public without a care in the world. I dealt with this for 10 yrs. But for the last 2 I put my foot down and refused to deal with anything that had to do with bills or whatever I knew would trigger a mantrum. I also stop putting stuff in my name, that included utilities. Leaving him was the easiest and best thing I did for myself.. GL.
sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:09 PM

I'm sorry.  That sounds really miserable.  :(

MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:39 PM

I'm sorry momma, good luck with everything ((HUGS))

LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:22 PM

You cannot do all you need help and I would start talking to him now!

4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:23 PM
Thanks the kind words. Im sticking to my exit plan.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)