Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding Dresses

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:20 PM
  • 37 Replies

So I'm watching say yes to the dress and im getting really irritated by some of the bridal party comment the people the brides bring with them are horrible.

When I get married or if I do I will be picking out my dress alone I don't want bridesmaids I want the planning of my wedding to be as smooth as possible.

Did you have bridal party with you when picking out your dress. Did the planning go smoothly or was it stressful

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My father ordered five dresses, of my choice, I tried them on at home, made a decision, sent back the rejects, and went from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChoosingMe
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM

That sound perfect to me

Quoting Dzyre1115: My father ordered five dresses, of my choice, I tried them on at home, made a decision, sent back the rejects, and went from there.

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:47 PM
I went with a good idea of the dresses I wanted, so it wasn't too bad bringing MIL along.
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:51 PM

My mother and I went dress shopping together. My wedding planning went smoothly. I had what I wanted and two of my sisters were in our wedding. My hubby's grooms women helped me a lot to. She is crafty like me and helped with dyeing my flowers and making the bouquets and all the other flowers that needed to be made.

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:53 PM
I picked it with my dad and the only request was no cleavage
29mick15
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:52 PM
I went with one of my maids of honor (I only had my two best friends so I made them both maids of honor), her mom who is like my second mother, and my grandmother.

They were all very honest with me. They told me what looked "not like you" or what looked "like you" or if something was off about a dress.

The girl at the store was helpful for an objective opinion too.

I think the TV show makes people react in a way no one really does.
emarin77
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:33 PM

I'm very independent, but I did bring my MIL since my step mom couldn't come.  I had no problems.

UCFknight
by Brenda on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:40 PM

I went with my mom, dad, and little sister. my mom saw my wedding dresses on another bride there. she asked if I could try it on, and that was that. Everyone loved it! My only issue was wa weighed 12 pounds with the beading, train, and material. At 110 pounds it was heavy to carry around. But it was so pretty, so I guess it was worth the pain! Lol

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My bridesmaid went with me. We had fun. Then she and I went to find her dress. Easy peasy.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

When I bought my dress, it was just me and my grandmother.  She was actually going to attempt to make my dress to save money and we took an afternoon to go try on dresses so that she could see how they fit.  I ended up trying on one that I just fell in love with so we ended up buying it instead.  :)

By all means, it's your day.  You should pick a dress that YOU feel beautiful in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)