Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which trip would you pick?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:44 PM
  • 41 Replies
My husband and Inwould like to do something as a family this summer, we can either ..

#1 Go to FL and would go to islands of adventure and possibly sea world

OR

#2 Go to a water park, such as Kalahari (were on MI) and we could buy the kids a big swing set for the backyard

.. *I* would rather go to FL but the kids would still have fun at the water park and it would be nice to not spend all the money we would in FL
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TadpoleMomma
by Mrs. Hughes on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I would pick #1.

UCFknight
by Brenda on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

As a huge Harry Potter fan, I would hands down pick FL and do IOA and Universal Studios! But that's just me. It's tough to go in the summer though. A lot of people have issues with the heat and humidity. Not to mention how crowded it is.

Egpal2
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:25 PM
Depends on how old your kids are. I would pick #2 if the kids are under 10. It's all about the kids. If over 10 I would pick #1 happy ddeciding 😄. This year were going to family pig roast in Maryland and then finish out the week in Ocean City, Maryland. My kids are older teens.
Serenity7
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:31 PM

All the matters is what trip you & your family wants to go on

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I would pay money NOT to have to go to crowded humid places like Florida in the summer!

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Maybe you could get a beach house on air bnb for a week, kids love the beach!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Honestly I would probably get them the swing set and pick family friendly activites to do around home.  We would spend a lot of time camping, fishing, going to the zoo or aquarium.  Things like that. 

The swing set will keep them entertained throughout the entire summer, not just for a week or so.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:25 PM

If the kids have nothing to play with in the backyard, then the playset.

Otherwise.. Disney.. I mean that other park LOL 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:50 PM
But you have to choose what's best.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM
We love those places We have been to Universal Studio Orlando and California,Island of Adventure in Fl. Disney World 4 different parks,Six Flags 2 different ones in California. That is why our last two vacation trips have been to Vegas. LOL

Quoting UCFknight:

As a huge Harry Potter fan, I would hands down pick FL and do IOA and Universal Studios! But that's just me. It's tough to go in the summer though. A lot of people have issues with the heat and humidity. Not to mention how crowded it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)