Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

husband won't show affection

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:30 AM
  • 26 Replies
Suddenly my husband won't kiss me any more.no I love yous. I'm lucky if we have sex once a month. I cook clean take care of the baby and work. I'm tired to (his excuse) I've talked to him about it an get no where. I'm at a loss. My weight came up and he said that's not a problem my birth control is making me gain. I'm 5"2 I weigh 130 (7 less from delivery) I work out 4 days week. I'm truly wondering if it is my weight it never used to be this way.
I don't know what I did wrong, maybe we are in a rut?
Anyone else have this problem?
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Can't say we have, Married 30yrs, together 33, he's still a Horndog,  a Sweet, Romantic Horndog LOL. Hopefully you can work things out

sweetsouthrnMom
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:45 AM

Can't say that my Husband and I have been in that position before, however I hope that you two can work through the issues.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:29 AM

at 138 I was a size 3 and my Mom was telling me that I looked like a lollipop  : /  What's going on at his job, maybe he is stressed or depressed.  Maybe he has resentment built up  and that is killing his libido.  Maye he really is tired.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry honey, it's probably not about you, he could have some depression, try sending him sexy texts, pay him compliments, steal kisses. If it doesn't improve you have to get him to a doctor.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:40 AM
My first thought was, did he meet another woman? Could he be having an affair? He could have depression as well.

I've also asked if my weight bothered him or if he was embarrassed by me. He said no and I'm not but I've got that mommy gut that just doesn't go away. I'd say sit him down again and tell him everything you said here. Something's up with him and he needs to let you know so you can figure it out together and become one again.
DisabledVet
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:49 AM

Many men have a problem seeing their wives as sexual after they've had a baby. Might try counseling or try being sexy and aggressive.

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:23 AM
Awww I'm sorry you are going through this, big huggggsss! I agree with the other ladies... I realize you tried to talk to him, but try again... make sure you wait until the kids are occupied or better yet, asleep or something and try to approach him a calm and loving way so he doesn't feel he's being interrogated or in "trouble" or something... let him know how much he means to you and how much your marriage means to you and how you want him to be happy and you want you two as a couple to have as happy of a marriage as possible and that you genuinely want and need to hear from him if there are any things he feels you could do or change that would make him happier and feel more romantic and sexual and if there are any things that he can think of that you two can do as a couple to make things even better as well. Ask him if there is anything weighing on his mind or stressing him out or making him feel depressed or worried or anything at home or at work or in any aspect of his life that he feels may be affecting things for him and you guys... ask him in a way so he knows you REALLY care about him and want to be there as his wife and best friend and helper if you are able to. Good luck.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

craazycuckoo
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Unlike the other people in here, I'm not going to jump to an affair, because only people who can't and don't trust their spouses think that stupidly.

Instead of coming here, where Cafemom's theme is bash a man, any man, no matter what he's done or not done, sit him down and ask him what's up.

Try and figure out why there is no more affection and no more sexual contact.  If he avoids the conversation or tries to change the subject or deflect the issues onto you, THEN, you start to worry. 

sweetpeasgirl12
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:11 AM
This

Quoting DisabledVet:

Many men have a problem seeing their wives as sexual after they've had a baby. Might try counseling or try being sexy and aggressive.

gardensparrow
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Sorry you're going through a rough spot with intimacy right now. I definitely think other couples face this from time to time, but it doesn't hurt to try to get to the bottom of it~even if it's temporary. So, maybe it would be a good idea to suggest some counseling for you you and your husband and just make sure things are on track in your relationship? And it also might help you determine if perhaps this issue isn't related to you, but something personal your husband is going through. Along these lines, I thought this article at http://bit.ly/1citwLV was helpful in knowing what signs to look for in case it's an issue on your spouse's part. So, just FYI. But, I hope things start improving with you guys. Hang in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)