• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Both Like/Dislike The Same Kinds Of Music?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:15 AM
  • 50 Replies

dancinglistening to tunesrock n rollwhistlinghappy_dance

If you have or had a s/o - do you/did you - like  and dislike the same types of music or no? 

What kinds of music do you each like and dislike? 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zdtmok
by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:16 AM
Our tastes are very similar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:23 AM

What are your favorite kinds of music and least favorite? 

Quoting zdtmok: Our tastes are very similar.

earthangel1967
by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:26 AM

We SORT of like the same music.. I mostly like pop,  Contemporary Christian, some soul,  some old rock but not all of it,  a very little bit of rap. 

Todd likes at least a little bit of almost everything.  But he likes hard rock and alternative way more than I do & doesn't like pop or the little bit of rap as much as I do. 

We both like Christian Contemporary equally as much as one another. 

We both hate almost all country (with very few exceptions.) 

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:37 AM

Some, but he's more into hard rock, heavy metal, classic rock. We both like some dance and some techno and 80's/90's (not classified under the other categories). I tend to not like hard rock, classic rock or heavy metal. I like 80's, dance and world (especially Celtic) the most.

barbie_girl870
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM
We both like r and b I just like the songs from 80s and 90s he likes the new stuff
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:51 AM
We are similar in many ways but there is some stuff he doesn't like at all that I like and vice versa
earthangel1967
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:11 AM

What is one of your favorite kinds and least favorite kinds and what is one of his favorite kinds and least favorite kinds? : ) 

Quoting StreetsAhead: We are similar in many ways but there is some stuff he doesn't like at all that I like and vice versa

risaspieces
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:20 AM
We like some of the same music, in fact we're going to a concert tonight for a band we both like.

He really likes rock, all sorts. Some alternative/stoner rock, but a lot of metal genres.

I like those as well, but I also like bands like Mumford and Sons, Florence + the Machine, and some pop. I just like music in general though.
earthangel1967
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:23 AM

Oh awesome that you guys are going to a concert tonight! I hope you have fun! Is it a well known band or more of a local one that you guys like? : )  

Quoting risaspieces: We like some of the same music, in fact we're going to a concert tonight for a band we both like. He really likes rock, all sorts. Some alternative/stoner rock, but a lot of metal genres. I like those as well, but I also like bands like Mumford and Sons, Florence + the Machine, and some pop. I just like music in general though.

risaspieces
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:26 AM
It's not a local band, but I don't know if they're well known. We're going to see Mastodon.

We used to go to local band shows all the time, to support friends. And luckily a lot of them are doing so well in their career that they've had to move away from our horrible hometown, lol.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Oh awesome that you guys are going to a concert tonight! I hope you have fun! Is it a well known band or more of a local one that you guys like? : )  

Quoting risaspieces: We like some of the same music, in fact we're going to a concert tonight for a band we both like.

He really likes rock, all sorts. Some alternative/stoner rock, but a lot of metal genres.

I like those as well, but I also like bands like Mumford and Sons, Florence + the Machine, and some pop. I just like music in general though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)