Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keeping In Touch With S/O During Work Hours?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:48 AM
  • 188 Replies

briefcasein lovetyping

If you and/or S/O work outside of the home.... do you get to keep in touch, in any way,  during those work hours, w/ lunch visit, phone, texts, emails or any other way or do you have to wait until after work to get to connect/communicate again? 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:54 AM

Todd works midnights and I am at home.  I stay up all night just like he does, and we feel lucky that we are able to email one another at least several times each night, on his breaks and his lunch break.  He also texts me to let me know when he arrived at work safely and when he is leaving to come home.  On some of our emails we converse about our night or plans for the weekend,  or whatever else.. and often we flirt and send lovey quotes and such and he sends me love songs from youtube he says are dedicated to me. I save all the videos links in one of my laptop files. : ) 

If his work night is extra stressful, I'm able to be there for him to vent & I can send him a little pep talk and encouragement/support, virtual hugs etc. : ) 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 7, 2015 at 2:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes, we keep in touch several times a day. He used to be at home every day for lunch but he switched over to the army post,it's still close by us. But no as close as the Air force base,its easier for me just to go and meet him for lunch.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:10 AM

sometimes yes, often no

suomynona_amam
by on May. 7, 2015 at 5:12 AM
Usually no. Only if something interesting happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:14 AM

Most times yes, through Whatsapp. Short texts to tell him where I am.

mandic
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:20 AM
I'll call him throughout his day, but I work 10 pm to 6 am and he's usually sleeping.
Verrine
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this

NO. We are not touchy-feely people. We only check in for factual things. Luckily, we're both this way. 

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:17 AM
We often text and or call.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:19 AM
I work nights so he is sleeping and I dont like personal calls at work. We text during the day.
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:36 AM
No.
Both of us find that a bit odd.

We would only talk to each other in the day if we are asking the other to pick up something or if work has changed and we will be late home
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)