Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever been tempted to cheat on your partner?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:48 AM
  • 26 Replies

Have you ever been tempted to cheat on your partner? Why were you tempted to stray, and what ended up happening? What did you learn from the experience? Your quote may be featured in an upcoming CafeMom story, however of course feel free to post anonymously! Thank you in advance.

by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course! I dont care how long you have been married, temptation is ALWAYS there. There will always be someone better looking, someone more charming, whatever. 

The thing is, how do you respond to it? Perosnally, I don't put myself in those situations. I make sure to never be alone with a guy I see as attractive or flirty. I remember my vows, my marriage and how great my shuabdn is--even on days I am mad at him!. And I don't speak about any problems or issues we have to men either. 

Just keep your head on straight and don't give in. Marriage is too important and I love my husband too much to risk everything. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 7, 2015 at 12:18 PM
I don't play risky games, I never cheated when I dated. Definitely not while married.
ame4c
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:30 PM
No. I only see one person that way and that's my SO. All other men in my life are what I call "brother" mode. I just don't think of them that way.

Now I did have an issue with one liking me that way and someone had to point it out because it wasn't obvious to me. I simply didn't think of him that way so stupidly I didn't realize he saw me that way. I had to end the friendship.

Being in male dominate field most of my friends are male. I make it a point to include their SOs in any outting. I view them as one item. A lot of times their or my SO can not attend but they are always welcome. I don't worry about anyone cheating but I also want the SOs to feel secure that it will never happen either.
pippi311
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Temptation is always there because although we are married and love eachother we are certainly not blind to those around us who may check all of the right boxes so to speak. The difference is in how you deal with it. You can be attracted to someone else and maybe even have a fantasy in your head about what you would like to do with them, however you never act on it and you don't put yourself in positions where it would be easy to act on it.

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 7, 2015 at 1:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I won't say I don't notice other guys, and I know he notices other women. However, I can honestly say that I have not ever been tempted. Nothing and no one is worth losing the man of my dreams.
vegaswife2011
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I absoutely agree.

Quoting MomToovey: I won't say I don't notice other guys, and I know he notices other women. However, I can honestly say that I have not ever been tempted. Nothing and no one is worth losing the man of my dreams.
sarahjz
by Sarah on May. 7, 2015 at 5:17 PM

No way.  

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 7, 2015 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

No, mariage is sacred

suomynona_amam
by on May. 7, 2015 at 6:09 PM
Nope. I have never been tempted to cheat. I broke up with guys as soon as I lost interest in them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sipar82
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:44 PM
Yes, I've been tempted. In my defense it was only after I found out ex-dh was sleeping with his best friends wife, our neighbors girlfriend, his nephews - friends girlfriend and a couple strippers. Despite this I still never cheated on him, it just didn't feel right to me. Despite all of the hurt I felt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)