Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hope he isn't doing what I think he may be doing

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:49 PM
  • 33 Replies

I thought for sure we talked about divorcing but waiting to move foward once things are less hectic (end of school, end of softball season, less work stuff, and after girls' birthday). 

BUT...he has been trying to grab anything he can to show me he doesn't want a divorce but, to me, it's VERY superficial.  It's an "I love you" and looking at me and waiting to see what I respond to.  It's me trying to take a nap and him asking to lay down with me.  Ummmm....NO!

Now, he asked me for my work address for paperwork he needs to fill out for work.  He has been at his position for 2 years....what kind of paperwork does he need to fill out NOW that he should have done when he first got hired? (rhetorical).

Well, our anniversary is coming up next week (May 12th) and I wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to do something then like send flowers or something.  Ironically, he has NEVER visited my office nor send ANYTHING to my office since we've been married. 

I really hope he isn't trying to send flowers or something to "win" me over.  I just wish he agrees that we are not good as a couple....GREAT at co-parenting but that's it.

After our anniversary, I will make the call for an appointment to see a divorce lawyer.

by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:53 PM
4 moms liked this
So....you're angry that your dh seems to have had a change of heart and maybe wants to try and work things through? I'm not sure what to say. Sorry?
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Wow shallow much? Looks like he wants WANTS to work WORK it OUT with YOU. And has a change of heart.
MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 7, 2015 at 1:10 PM
4 moms liked this
It's so much more than that. This has been a long, tiring battle for her. She's hurting, and this last ditch effort on his part I'm sure is just picking at the wound for her.

Quoting shadow_lark: So....you're angry that your dh seems to have had a change of heart and maybe wants to try and work things through? I'm not sure what to say. Sorry?
MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 7, 2015 at 1:12 PM
I'm so sorry momma. I hope for your sake that's not what he's doing and that he can finally see what you do. Good luck
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM
Hmm, I've missed all of that. Thanks for the background overview

Quoting MomToovey: It's so much more than that. This has been a long, tiring battle for her. She's hurting, and this last ditch effort on his part I'm sure is just picking at the wound for her.

Quoting shadow_lark: So....you're angry that your dh seems to have had a change of heart and maybe wants to try and work things through? I'm not sure what to say. Sorry?
Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Oh boy...
((Hugs)) I hope that is not the case?
M4LG5
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:04 PM

I've been running off of "hope" for the past several years....hope things get better, hope things change, hope he listens, hope he has empathy.  He has done this so many times......suddenly does something nice but falls RIGHT BACK to normal shit when it looks like I've forgiven him.....to me, this is just another ploy to act like he has changed.  We've gone through NUMEROUS moments that has him looking like he will be better but goes back to what he does that doesn't make our marriage work.

Quoting oliveoil423: Wow shallow much? Looks like he wants WANTS to work WORK it OUT with YOU. And has a change of heart.

M4LG5
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Yes...thank you.  I do feel like he it's picking at the wound and think he is trying "heal" things but it just makes it worse.

Quoting MomToovey: It's so much more than that. This has been a long, tiring battle for her. She's hurting, and this last ditch effort on his part I'm sure is just picking at the wound for her.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:08 PM

I'm sorry mama! *hugs*

You're made your decision and are sticking to it. He sounds like he's hoping the past will repeat itself and you'll take him back. Nope. I think you've been through enough and need to move on with your life because you deserve more and deserve someone who will treat you well ALL THE TIME...not just when they are between a rock a hard place.

I know how frustrating and confusing this can be and I hope that things settle down soon. 

M4LG5
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Thank you so much!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I'm sorry mama! *hugs*

You're made your decision and are sticking to it. He sounds like he's hoping the past will repeat itself and you'll take him back. Nope. I think you've been through enough and need to move on with your life because you deserve more and deserve someone who will treat you well ALL THE TIME...not just when they are between a rock a hard place.

I know how frustrating and confusing this can be and I hope that things settle down soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)