Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your husband sleep in the same bed? I feel like I cant sleep in the same bed anymore, his snoring is driving me crazy!

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:34 AM
  • 53 Replies

I am a light sleeper so any little thing wakes me up. My husband snores, every single night and it has drove me crazy for years! There have been times when I have slept in a different room to get some peace from him and he has told me this hurts him.  He feels that's one of the ways a husband and wife shows affection towards one another is to sleep in the same bed next to each other. I understand that but there has been nights where I will be up for 3/4 hours listening to him snore because I cant sleep through it. When I wake him up to tell him hes snoring he gets angry telling me he cant help it and I have to just deal with it. Should I just separate beds from him? Traditionally I know married couples sleep in the same bed but in this time I've known married couples that sleep separately and are still happy.

by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momager2two
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 12:07 PM
When my husbands snoring is bad, I wake him and tell him to roll over. After 3 times of it not working I go to the couch. He doesn't get mad about it because he knows I need sleep as much as he does. If anything he feels bad because it's not something he can control. Has your dh been for a sleep study to see if there is any medical issue for the snoring?
jcm28
by on May. 17, 2015 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Put in ear plugs.
jmlmomma
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM

the fact that it hurts him when you go to the other room, makes it harder to know how to handle it.. my husband feels bad when he finds me in the other room due to his snoring... 

maybe ear plugs will help?

Hiker11
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Has he had a medical checkup lately? Snoring like that can be a sign of serious medical issues.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM
My husband has a c-pap machine, he vacations with it.
PinkButterfly66
by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:32 PM

My husband snores.  I use earplugs since I am a light sleeper also.  I found some 3m foam earplugs on amazon for small ears and they work great.  It comes in an industrial size of 200 pairs and they last me a couple of years since I can wear a pair for about a week before they stop blocking noise.   Almost 20 years of sleeping peacefully next to a snorer because of earplugs.

UCFknight
by Brenda on May. 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM

if his snoring is driving you nuts just muffle him with a pillow! Kidding, but you need your sleep, and seemed damned if you stay damned for hurting his feelings if you leave. I know I need 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Let him know if he wants you to stay in bed, you will continue to tap him when he snores, or he can look into a breathe right, different pillow, or see a doctor to get his snoring under control.

MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM

We do when he's home but he's only home two nights a week so I obviously sleep alone most of the time. His parents have been happily married almost 30 years and my husband says they've never slept in the same bed as long as he can remember.

IMO,I don't think it's a big deal and shouldn't make your relatipnship any less happy, it's just sleeping.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

TommyAbby
by Melissa on May. 17, 2015 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
If he wants you sleeping next ribbon, then he needs to see his doctor together to the reason for his snoring and get that taken care. It is selfish for him to want you to suffer without sleep and just put up with it.
emarin77
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:21 PM

He should do a sleep study.  He might have sleep apnea.  My husband does too but he uses a machine now and I sleep comfortably.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)