Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce talk

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:57 AM
  • 35 Replies
One of our neighbors is going through a divorce and was afraid we wouldn't want our children to play with theirs bc of it.??? Anyway it led to dh and I discussing divorce and thankfully we don't have to deal with that stress. And I asked what would happen. And he just matter of factly said. I'd move closer to work and get the kids every other weekend. I said you'd just move an hour away from your children and your family (his parents)? He said yep what's the point in living here to see the kids for times a month. Now we have joint custody of sd and have her more than four times a month but apparently he doesn't think that would fly with me or something. I didn't ask. Cause I was kind of in shock by his answers. Had anyone else every discussed this? Similar replies? Is he uncaring? Or just practical?
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
exhaustedmother
by Amy on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:52 AM

No we have never discussed divorce-we are happy in our marriage and I don't see us divorcing anytime in our future.  Why would you even bring it up? Are you having problems in your marriage right now? Frankly I would be concerned if all of a sudden my husband wanted to discuss divorce and arrangements-even if it was brought about by another couple's problems.

M4LG5
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:45 AM
Yes...because it may happen. He will not take less than 50/50.
weaveress
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:33 AM
We're married. There's always problems. We don't have major problems, no. I didn't bring it up intentionally. He said he didn't see that one coming. Glad we didn't have to deal with it. And I asked how would we deal with it?

Quoting exhaustedmother:

No we have never discussed divorce-we are happy in our marriage and I don't see us divorcing anytime in our future.  Why would you even bring it up? Are you having problems in your marriage right now? Frankly I would be concerned if all of a sudden my husband wanted to discuss divorce and arrangements-even if it was brought about by another couple's problems.

wife2bertmomof7
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:38 AM
When dh and I were not together he lived half an hr away and saw the kids on weekend and when ever he had off of work. But now that we are married that subject is off limits.
amberNewman0213
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Let me just say what u plan on doing and what actually happens are two different things. Me and my ex hubs discussed what would happen in case of divorce which would be split 50/50 and we would get along..

That was until we actually divorced and he cleaned our bank account took our 8 month old son and didn't let me see him for months until our court date. Divorce cam get nasty even if u think he would never do that. I thought that for sure we both were level headed people and that would never happen until it did.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:01 PM

men think logically, not emotionally

don't overthink his response

DisabledVet
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Nope we never discuss divorce. The only way out is death. When we got married we joked it was a life sentence with no possibility of parole. It makes you work harder if you know there is no out

redheadtmk
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM

We havent discussed it. But honestly if we did divorce I would let him have the kids and I would take them EOW and holidays. If we divorce it would be because of him. Either he cheated, or was unhappy with me, or something. He would not get off scotfree to live his own life without responsibility of chidlren. I would be the one to have freedom.

Serenity7
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

No I don't talk about divorce with my husband. Since we never plan on getting a divorce

photo linda siggy_zps6ezudeun.png

myluckystars11
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM
We are just now getting over some serious problems in our marriage and were on the brink of divorce. If dh stays in the same town it will be 50 50 like it is with sd. If he moves out of town it will be every other weekend and any time he wants them. He's not a bad dad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)