Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So history repeats itself.......

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

for the third consecutive generation!

In 1958, my mother (who was born and raised in Montreal, Quebec) met an Englishman.  They got married, returned to England, had me, then moved back to Montreal to live out the rest of their lives.

In 1985, I met an Englishman while visiting family.  I moved to England, married him, had children and moved back to Canada (Ontario).

Tonight, my daughter is on a bus on her way to Connecticut, to spend 3 weeks with a man she online, via an internet news website that they both write for.  She met him in person in June at Freedom Fest in Las Vegas.

Who knows?  Maybe we will be adding an American to our bloodline lol.

by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GE1
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Maybe...actually read an article about Americans coming to live in Canada.

I am born and raised myself in Montreal and then I lived abroad for a dozen years before coming back and now I am in Ontario

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 6:22 AM
That is interesting. It's sometimes funny crossing the border with my entire family as we are made up of so many different nationalities.
beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 9, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Where in Montreal are you from and would you ever go back?

Quoting GE1:

I am born and raised myself in Montreal and then I lived abroad for a dozen years before coming back and now I am in Ontario

GE1
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 9:34 PM

I grew up in the Snowden area. I have visited since coming back to Canada but Montreal just doesn't feel the same anymore and after living here for the past 9 years, this is my home. I have my house, family and friends as well as my work all here

Quoting beeky:

Quoting GE1:

beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 10, 2015 at 7:50 AM

I'm from Pierrefonds in the West Island.  I haven't lived in Montreal since 1986 and always said I would never go back but I've changed my mind lol.  

I want to return when I retire (in about 10 - 15 years).  My mother still lives in my childhood home (purchased in 1970) and I want to enlarge it and live in it lol.

Quoting GE1:

I grew up in the Snowden area. I have visited since coming back to Canada but Montreal just doesn't feel the same anymore and after living here for the past 9 years, this is my home. I have my house, family and friends as well as my work all here

Quoting beeky:

Quoting GE1:

GE1
by on Aug. 10, 2015 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

My childhood home has long been sold and turned into a nursing home my mother lives in Ontario now as well. I have remarried and we now have a child so I am pretty much settled here now.

Quoting beeky:

I'm from Pierrefonds in the West Island.  I haven't lived in Montreal since 1986 and always said I would never go back but I've changed my mind lol.  

I want to return when I retire (in about 10 - 15 years).  My mother still lives in my childhood home (purchased in 1970) and I want to enlarge it and live in it lol.

Quoting GE1:

Quoting beeky:

Quoting GE1:

MomToovey
by Marianne on Aug. 10, 2015 at 11:23 AM
Oh wow! How funny! Maybe it'll turn out that "Mr. Connecticut" has some English in him :)
beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 10, 2015 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

He is half Irish lol.

Quoting MomToovey: Oh wow! How funny! Maybe it'll turn out that "Mr. Connecticut" has some English in him :)

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 12, 2015 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww that's sweet.. best wishes for them. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 12, 2015 at 5:14 PM

That is a great story to tell your grandkids some day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)