Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 Couples Halloween Costumes Your Neighbors Aren’t Already Doing

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:48 AM
  • 8 Replies

12 Couples Halloween Costumes Your Neighbors Aren’t Already Doing (PHOTOS)

Another year, another chance to scare the neighbors -- as a couple! If you're out of couples' Halloween costume ideas, we've got a few that you haven't already seen a hundred times.

Check out this fun list of creative costume ideas to share with your favorite person.

• Wayne & Garth

1. Wayne & Garth

The Wayne's World costume is easy enough to pull off. Wayne wears a black T-shirt, black baseball cap, and maybe a dark, shoulder-length wig. Garth wears a flannel shirt over a rock T-shirt, black-framed eyeglasses, and a blond wig with fluffed bangs. Party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.

• 99 Problems & You're Not 1

2. 99 Problems & You're Not 1

Share a little too much about your relationship dynamics with this super-easy costume using 99 Problems/ Ain't 1 T-shirts ($28.95, etsy.com)

• Pigs in a Blanket

3. Pigs in a Blanket

This is a literal interpretation of a popular party snack. Just grab a couple of pig snouts ($2.99, buycostumes.com) or spring for a whole pig accessory kit ($10.99, buycostumes.com), and wrap yourselves in blankets. Easy, peasy, snort, squeezy.

• Plug & Socket

4. Plug & Socket

I think we know who wears which costume here: Plug and Socket costume ($34.38, costumediscounters.com).

More from The Stir: 20 Hot Halloween Couples Costumes (PHOTOS)

• Instagram 'Usie'

5. Instagram 'Usie'

A while back we did a video tutorial on how to make an Instagram selfie costume. The same idea will work for a couple! Just use a box wide enough for both of you.

• Jessica Simpson & Eric Johnson

6. Jessica Simpson & Eric Johnson

With the help of a black beaded top, black high-waisted pants, and long, golden-blonde wig ($12.58, amazon.com) you could be Jessica Simpson. Your husband dons a gray suit, black shirt, glue-on facial hair, shades, and a bewildered look and he's nailed Eric Johnson.

• Twinning Emoji

7. Twinning Emoji

Put on some black leotards ($18.03, getdancewear.com), black headband bunny ears ($4.95, amazon.com), and blonde bob wigs ($14.99, spirithalloween.com) and you'll become your favorite bunny-eared emoji couple. If you're having trouble talking your man into trying this out, show him this photo of a Twinning Emoji couple.

• Silent Film Stars

8. Silent Film Stars

Look like you literally stepped out of a black-and-white silent film with jazz-age period costumes, black wigs and facial hair, black lipstick (both of you), and white face makeup. Check out this couple's silent film costumes.

More from The Stir: 14 Fun Family Halloween Costume Ideas (PHOTOS)

• Jill Duggar & Derek Dillard

9. Jill Duggar & Derek Dillard

Jill and Derek are serving a mission (of sorts) somewhere in Latin America -- and now you can, too! All you need is a long, brown wig ($14.99, amazon.com) and modest yet lightweight clothing (maybe a T-shirt with cargo pants). Men wear similar attire with some junior scruff on the face. One of you carry a baby in a carrier (if you don't have one, get a doll) plus a bucket to collect donations and a Bible. OH WHAT? Half of you are Duggar haters and half of you are defenders, I might as well put this idea out there.

• Hunter & Deer

10. Hunter & Deer

Oh deer! The hunter part of this costume is easy: camo or flannel with jeans and toy rifle (make sure it's VERY OBVIOUSLY a toy). And for the hunted, maybe this deer costume ($58.99, halloweencostumes.com). Usually the woman plays the deer, but why not mix it up this year?

• Curious George & The Man in the Yellow Hat

11. Curious George & The Man in the Yellow Hat

Who will be the monkey, and who will be the man? You could go either way with a Curious George Monkey costume ($61.98) and Man in the Yellow Hat costume ($39.98, orientaltrading.com).

More from The Stir: 12 Tasteless Halloween Costumes No One Should Try -- But You Know Someone Will (PHOTOS)

• Richie & Margot Tenenbaum

12. Richie & Margot Tenenbaum

If you're lucky enough to score a big, brown fur coat (fake will do -- try eBay) you're well on your way to a Royal Tenenbaum–themed costume. Margot pins her hair to one side and wears a striped Izod dress under her coat. Richie wears a camel suit or blazer/slacks with striped golf shirt, a striped sweatband, dark shades, and a beard.

Are you and your SO dressing up for Halloween?

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:48 AM
We go as a family theme for all 3 of us right now. But DH and I have talked about going as a selfie stick (him) and an instagram picture (me) one year when DD doesn't want to match us anymore
Magical_Mommy92
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:51 AM
Cute
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Those are cute. We have seen the plug and outlet one before.
This year we are doing Cookie and Lucious Lyon from Empire.
sarahjz
by Sarah on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:18 PM

We are.  We usually do a whole family theme though.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:35 PM

We would do something crazy I am sure.... 

MyLittlefoot
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 12:39 AM

I've never really done matching costumes, except one year my ex was a soldier (in his own ACU's because he didn't feel like buying a costume lol) and I was a old style army pin up :) otherwise I just try to pick outfits that look ike they go together, either same colors or a concept that goes together.

dustinsmom1
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Im resurrecting my border patrol babe costume cause my ex ruined that Halloween (4 yrs ago) by not showing up, so i had no Illegal Immigrant. This yr my Fiance is going to be my Illegal!

LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 27, 2015 at 4:42 PM

We are not we may go to a thing Sat but not dressing up... jeans and a t-shirt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)