Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband wants a divorce. What do I do?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:48 PM
  • 98 Replies
We have been married for 4 years and have a 2 year old daughter. He just told me that he does not love me anymore and he wants a divorce and he told me to move out and he's keeping my daughter because I have nothing. So let me elaborate I was raised in ca and he in nc we met and married in ca then moved to nc 3 years ago. So all my family is in ca and our house and 3 cars are all in his name. (I don't have very good credit) so he's saying since everything is in his name he can kick me out and I have to leave and I can't take my daughter because I have no where to go. What do I do. I want to leave him also I haven't been happy for a long time I was just trying to hold it together for my daughters sake but if he's just going to throw us away then why should I continue to fight for something that's not there. I just don't want to leave without my daughter I am a stay at home mom. I have been the one to raise my child since day one he doesn't work either(he's a disabled veteran) but he's always gone hanging out with his buddies so it's like I'm a single mom already. He just comes and goes as he pleases. If anyone has some advice please let me know I really need it. Thank you.
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
girlfriendcj70
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I am so sorry he is putting you through this Sweetie. I would get a lawyer. You shouldn't have to move out or loose your daughter. It really stinks that he is doing this. Hugs

Mommyof1023
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. It really sucks I hate it more for my daughter than me but I really wish we could have made it work I didn't want my child growing up in a broken home. 😕

Quoting girlfriendcj70:

I am so sorry he is putting you through this Sweetie. I would get a lawyer. You shouldn't have to move out or loose your daughter. It really stinks that he is doing this. Hugs

PCOSSucks0422
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM
18 moms liked this

Under no circumstances do you leave that house or your daughter. Do you have a joint bank account?

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
He can't just kick you out.

Why haven't you worked since he was home anyway??? A woman should always have something to fall back on.

Contact an attorney Asap. He can't keep your daughter from you. That's up to a judge.
Mommyof1023
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Yea we do  

Quoting PCOSSucks0422:

Under no circumstances do you leave that house or your daughter. Do you have a joint bank account?

Mommyof1023
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:14 PM

I never got a job because every time I said I wanted to he would talk me out of it saying it was best for me to be home with our daughter. When we first discussed having kids we agreed that I would stay home with them. 

Quoting TommyAbby: He can't just kick you out. Why haven't you worked since he was home anyway??? A woman should always have something to fall back on. Contact an attorney Asap. He can't keep your daughter from you. That's up to a judge.

nickyjsmomma219
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:18 PM
8 moms liked this
I would check on the laws in your state. You are likely entitled to much of the property, in your name or not. Don't let him push you around. He thinks he has the upper hand, he's got another thing coming
PCOSSucks0422
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:19 PM
7 moms liked this

You need to immediately take half and place it into an individual account. Then, go meet with an attorney. Don't leave the house and don't leave your daughter alone with your husband. Then you need to start looking for a job. Good luck!

Quoting Mommyof1023:

Yea we do  

Quoting PCOSSucks0422:

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:28 PM
4 moms liked this

He cannot throw you out of the house, even if it is in his name. If it was purchased when you were married to him, it is considered a marital asset and you are entitled half of the martial assets.  I would get a lawyer and get some advice.  

Liz132
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Do not move out if you leave right now he will likely get the house, contact a lawyer tomorrow and see what your options are. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)