Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was your wedding like?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:13 AM
  • 56 Replies

I love wedding stories so I'm curious...what was your wedding like? Where did you get married? What kind of reception did you have?

DH and I got married April 2, 2015 in Ft. Lauderdale on the Liberty of the Seas (a cruise ship). It was a gothic-themed wedding, held in the ship's gothic club. We had 14 people total. I had a pink and black dress and DH wore all black including this really nice vest and jacket that had coat tails. We went on a 4 night cruise with 10 of our guests and when we came back, we went out on a 5 night cruise for our honeymoon.

We didn't have a reception at all. We had a dinner a couple weeks later with people who couldn't make it to the cruise. We were *supposed* to have a reception. We booked a castle here in North Carolina and invited probably 70 people. 

Only 13 people RSVP'd so we cancelled the reception and did the dinner instead.

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:51 AM
We had a small wedding around 90 people and got married in a Catholic Church. Our reception was held at a country club with the standard cocktail hour, dinner and open bar. We went to Paris for our honeymoon. It was absolutely amazing.
girlfriendcj70
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:53 AM
we had fair size wedding of 75 people. I wore a traditional dress
MrsKittyZ15
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Ooh! It sounds like it was beautiful!

How was Paris? I haven't been there yet. Our honeymoon was Labadee, Haiti and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

Quoting owl0210: We had a small wedding around 90 people and got married in a Catholic Church. Our reception was held at a country club with the standard cocktail hour, dinner and open bar. We went to Paris for our honeymoon. It was absolutely amazing.

MrsKittyZ15
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:55 AM

I wore a traditional dress my previous wedding. They're so pretty!

Quoting girlfriendcj70: we had fair size wedding of 75 people. I wore a traditional dress

liveforever
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

We got married in our favorite spot in a national park.

It was a very small ceremony. There were 4 people other than us, plus 2 park rangers. We were hit with a thunderstorm mid ceremony and had to make a run for the Depot of the scenic railroad. Dh said I do by the lake, I said I do in the Depot lol.

We rented out the private dining room of a nice local restaurant and had 21 people there for a nice dinner. It was a very stress free wedding!
MrsKittyZ15
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:04 AM
It sounds like it! Beautiful photo!

Quoting liveforever:

We got married in our favorite spot in a national park.

It was a very small ceremony. There were 4 people other than us, plus 2 park rangers. We were hit with a thunderstorm mid ceremony and had to make a run for the Depot of the scenic railroad. Dh said I do by the lake, I said I do in the Depot lol.

We rented out the private dining room of a nice local restaurant and had 21 people there for a nice dinner. It was a very stress free wedding!
GE1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:05 AM

We got married at the nearby chapel and had only close friends and family come, so only about 10 guests. The reception was at a small family-owned Italian restaurant and we had 30 guests. We had a DJ and open bar and the food was amazing. The catered to everyone's taste. We had a chance to have a picture with all of our guests and we all actually enjoyed the small intimate atmosphere

owl0210
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:06 AM
Paris was absolutely beautiful. We went the end of June beginning of July and they were experiencing a heatwave so it was hot as hell lol. Contrary to popular belief the Parisians were very friendly and accommodating. My husband and I don't speak French but we learned basic words and if you at least try to speak the language they appreciate it. We saw so much, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, The Louvre, Napoleons tomb, Jim Morrison's grave, the Sacre Coeur, Arc De Triomphe, Champs Elysee. I'm probably forgetting some things. Oh and the food was so fresh and delicious. Baguettes, cheese, wine you name it!

Quoting MrsKittyZ15:

How was Paris? I haven't been there yet. Our honeymoon was Labadee, Haiti and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

Quoting owl0210: We had a small wedding around 90 people and got married in a Catholic Church. Our reception was held at a country club with the standard cocktail hour, dinner and open bar. We went to Paris for our honeymoon. It was absolutely amazing.

MrsKittyZ15
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:16 AM
Paris has been on my travel list for years. DH hasn't really been too interested but he knows I want to go so we'll get there eventually, lol. That sounds so lovely, your trip. Have you guys done any other travel since then?

Quoting owl0210: Paris was absolutely beautiful. We went the end of June beginning of July and they were experiencing a heatwave so it was hot as hell lol. Contrary to popular belief the Parisians were very friendly and accommodating. My husband and I don't speak French but we learned basic words and if you at least try to speak the language they appreciate it. We saw so much, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, The Louvre, Napoleons tomb, Jim Morrison's grave, the Sacre Coeur, Arc De Triomphe, Champs Elysee. I'm probably forgetting some things. Oh and the food was so fresh and delicious. Baguettes, cheese, wine you name it!

Quoting MrsKittyZ15:

MrsKittyZ15
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:18 AM
That sounds very nice! We got one photo with all of the guests at the wedding but I didn't think to get a picture with everyone at the dinner.

(I was really disappointed in just doing a dinner because DH and I compromised. He could have his cruise ship wedding if I got to have a big reception. Well, he got his wedding but I didn't get my reception. So I was kinda bummed.)

Quoting GE1:

We got married at the nearby chapel and had only close friends and family come, so only about 10 guests. The reception was at a small family-owned Italian restaurant and we had 30 guests. We had a DJ and open bar and the food was amazing. The catered to everyone's taste. We had a chance to have a picture with all of our guests and we all actually enjoyed the small intimate atmosphere

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)