Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite comfort foods for this terrible weather?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:23 AM
  • 39 Replies

So what are some of your favorite comfort foods for this terrible cold weather?

Share and a recipe if you want...

by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:24 AM

I have a few chicken noodle soup or just chicken soup with mashed potatoes.. I love potato soup also it is easy to make and so warm and filling. Last is chili which is in the crock pot now. I made it this morning..

I do all low fat and all since I cannot eat much my diet is very restrictive but I can deal with it and am learning out how to do it more daily!

tsdncs41
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:36 AM

French onion soup!   Mac and cheese and chicken soup.  Chili most definitely.  Potato soup sounds delicious!

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:42 AM
I've got chili going in the Crockpot right now.

I also have my coffee pot going.
tsdncs41
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:07 PM

Two people making chili - now I'm jealous.  I think I need to get a pot going,  Chili is one of those foods I could live off of without getting tired of it.  There are so many different ways to subtly change it up a bit.  

UCFknight
by Brenda on Jan. 23, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Chicken tortilla soup with hush puppies, tomato soup and grilled cheese, and northern bean soup slow cooked in ham hock all day (weekend food is all prepped and ready to go). And can't forget breakfast, homemade sausage gravy with biscuits.

jewelbugs78
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:59 PM
I plan on making chili, baked chicken , burritos, beef stew, and I'm baking cookies
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 1:49 AM
Chicken stew with dumplings, chili, hot cocoa and baked goods, oatmeal, warm muesli, apple crisp, baked chicken with oven roasted potatoes, and soup. We do a lot of baking on chilly days. Keeps the house warm and it's comforting to eat anything warm really.
Serenity7
by on Jan. 24, 2016 at 9:10 AM

I don't do comfort food

Sassym0m24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 2:13 PM
Gluten free pasta and chocolate c:lol
Mrseoc
by on Jan. 24, 2016 at 2:43 PM
I make a couple different soups, and fresh bread almost every day. To keep the oven on ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)