Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really regret...

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

In life we have lots of regrets, some big, some small, and many of them relationship-related. For instance, I regret that I didn't take my friend up on the offer to meet my now-husband at the time she wanted to introduce us. If I had, I'd have skipped a couple of nasty breakups with other guys and found happiness with my husband that much sooner. 

What do YOU regret when it comes to relationships, past or present? 

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

i think i have regrets over things but in the end, if given a chance to go back and know then what i know now, i wouldn't change anything.  The experiences made me who i am now and gave me things i may not have had otherwise.....

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

wife-4-life
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:32 PM
I regret not valuing myself enough and not placing higher standards on the boys/men I dated. But I found DH and I don't regret that at all. He wasn't like the others. He set the standard and I knew I couldn't find better. :)
awbredux
by Allie on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:52 PM

I regret staying as long as I did in the last relationship before my husband.   I regret not be nicer to one of the guys I dated in college.

ame4c
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM
Nothing because if you change even one thing I wouldn't be who I am and happy or with the love of my life. Sometimes we aren't meant to meet our love until we do because God is still shaping us or them so we can have the best relationship. I know if I had met my current DH back in high school or even my 20s we wouldn't have even dated. Neither of us was ready. He was an alcoholic and needed to get his life together. I was dealing with family issues that made me needy. So God molded us and allowed us to meet when we were perfect for each other.
Serenity7
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM

I don't have any regrets. I have made mistakes that I have learn from. Regret is pointless. Since you can not change the past.

luckyinlife
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
As much as I wish I met DH sooner, we wouldn't have been the people we are and wouldn't have the relationship we have now.
sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:31 PM
Or, if you had met him sooner, it may not have worked out. Neither of you would've had those other life experiences.

I have no regrets. I truly believe that everything, good or bad, happens for a reason.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:23 PM

oh geez... I should have divorced years sooner... oh well.

Everything happens for a reason.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:45 PM
No regrets with relationships. I don't really have any regrets because life's circumstances didn't give me any other choices. I'm happy where I am now and I'm shooting for even better now that I have more opportunities.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 12, 2016 at 10:50 AM
I don't really have any regrets relationship-wise. However, I will say that if he and I hadn't both been in relationships with other people when we met, it sure would have been nice to get a 2 year headstart on the relationship! I don't regret the relationship I was in at the time, and I can't regret his relationship because I didn't do it! Lol

The closest thing I have to a regret in my relationship is that I didn't get any cake on my wedding day! 9 years later, I'm still haunted by that fact!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)