• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this just made me realize how much I love him

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM
  • 27 Replies
Hi ladies. My dh just told me his sis the one I get along with amazingly has decided to end her marriage. We are all shocked bc it seems so out of the blue. Her husband doesn't want to give up apparently but she says she no longer loves him. I've been here with my two nephews while the family meets at their house to try and see what can be resolved. The saddest thing is that my dh, and his older sis have a feeling other sil probably has someone on the side bc she suddenly began working out, wearing makeup and perfume, getting her hair and nails done and now wanting to get a belly ring and a tattoo. Now let me stress she used to HATE all of these things with a passion, she'd say she wasn't supporting commercialized beauty. These changes have been recent about a month or two. I can't fathom it. And it breaks my heart for my nephews and her husband. He treats her like a queen literally. But it also made me realize how much I love my dh and how broken I'd be if I was in his BILs shoes. Idk how or if I should help. Yesterday my other sil and dh confirmed that she may have someone on the side bc her husband began noticing she'd never let him see her phone. I just it kills me bc my nephews deserve to be with both their parents and she doesn't even want to try counseling when her husband is willing to turn himself backwards and inside out for their marriage. Ugh she says she married young and wants to go clubbing with her friends. I have never thought I'd hear those words come from a massive homebody. She's changing and I guess it hurts to see its hurting those closest to her.
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:20 PM

I'm sorry for what your family is going through right now. I have friends in a similar situation, only they didn't have any kids. It's hard to watch them go through that, and it hurts to see someone you thought you knew change into a completely different person (and in my case, a person you can't get along with or respect anymore).

Again, so sorry. ((HUGS))

PISCIS29
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:16 PM
And this is what bothers me most bc their mom cheated and my sil in question still was upset about it, her brothers wife cheated and sil in question spoke the devil about her and now that she's doing the same exact thing she expects us to be supportive just bc her husband isn't blood related, I'm sorry it just doesn't work like that. She's turning into every woman she's hated and she knows I'm not okay with it, the whole family isn't okay with it even her own mother is telling her not to make the same mistake and sil isn't listening. I just feel it for my nephews.

Quoting MomToovey:

I'm sorry for what your family is going through right now. I have friends in a similar situation, only they didn't have any kids. It's hard to watch them go through that, and it hurts to see someone you thought you knew change into a completely different person (and in my case, a person you can't get along with or respect anymore).

Again, so sorry. ((HUGS))

BrittSam2011
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
She will regret throwing away her family to be with some flavor of the month and go clubbing like a 20-something idiot (not all 20-somethings, I'm 25 myself). I'm so sorry she's going through s midlife crisis right now and wrecking everyone's lives.
PISCIS29
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:48 PM
Dh and I have already told mil and fil if she goes through with this and ends up not having a place to go we will not let her live with us, she may leave the kids with us so that they have a stable bed and food but we will not let her ditch her kids to go clubbin
nickyjsmomma219
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:28 PM
It sounds more like a mid life crisis to me. Maybe suggest a separation instead of divorce so she can get this all out of her system
DisabledVet
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:33 PM

I'm sorry this is happening.  I've seen this happen to many times.  Many times though, the new man dumps her and she comes crawling back only to find her ex has moved on.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand the family is hurt. But the fact is it is no one business that your husband sister wants to leave her husband. There is nothing that any of you can do about it. It would be worst for your nephew to grow up in a unhappy home. But what the family can do is be there for your sister in law husband and help him through this difficult time.

PISCIS29
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM
That's what we're doing and sil is mad bc she thinks we're being unloyal to her.

Quoting Serenity7:

I understand the family is hurt. But the fact is it is no one business that your husband sister wants to leave her husband. There is nothing that any of you can do about it. It would be worst for your nephew to grow up in a unhappy home. But what the family can do is be there for your sister in law husband and help him through this difficult time.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 23, 2016 at 10:18 AM
((Hugs))
For the sake of the kids I hope they figure it out? But if she's unhappy, it'll affect the kids.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 23, 2016 at 10:27 AM
How old is your SIL?

This happened to my BIL a few years ago. Both of them were active duty military. She got sent to Korea for year but BIL said she started to be distant before she left, funny my BIL also took on his nieces which was her sister's kids, she went to tree dessert for year. So he had 5 girls to look after. But once she got back she began to reveal that she didn't want to be married any more. My BIL was at a loss since this was his 2nd marriage his first wife out right was never faithful, he's always had full custody of their daughter. So he was pretty broken this time around. But my ex SIL never changed her personality nothing drastic. Eventually it was revealed she met someone else.
😧
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)