Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rooftop weddings !!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:27 PM
  • 2 Replies

so i'm not sure if this is the right group. 

so me and my soon to be husband are getting married aug 20th .  a lot of the planning is done . our clothes are all taken care of but I'm having a hard time fining the perfect venue . i want a rooftop wedding i want to see the city all around me. we live in Philly now so i would like a place near there . i have looked into some of the hotels but either they only have a ball room with big windows or they have a wall so high you can barley see the city. i have seen some nice rooftop bars but they look small and idk how it would be getting married there . i think it would be cheaper then a hotel , but i'm looking to get some real wedding advice . i would like to avoid some unseen holes. it will be a very small wedding maybe 20-25 people . so im looking for more quality then anything else thank you ! 

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Woo! Wedding day is coming up! How exciting, congrats!

As far as rooftop weddings go, the only frame of reference I have is Howard and Bernadette's wedding on The Big Bang Theory. They got married on the roof of an apartment building without any kind of permission (which in sitcom-land, wasn't a problem).

But my two cents is that if it's going to be a small wedding of 20-25 people, a rooftop bar shouldn't be too small. I'd suggest at least talking to some bar owners about capacity and procedure for having a wedding there. From the sound of it, that may be your only option for a rooftop.

For what it's worth, I wanted a beach wedding. Had since I was 13 and a family friend's son got married on to of a mountain by a beach in CA. When DH and I were engaged, we bent over backward trying to find that perfect beach venue to fit our needs and nothing was right. We ended up having a garden wedding at a country club and it was perfect. Looking back, there's no place I'd rather have had my wedding!

So I won't sit here and say you can't get the rooftop wedding of your dreams. I'm just trying to say that the wedding of your dreams may surprise you. :)

Good luck!
sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:19 AM

I have no advice, just wanted to say that sounds like a wonderful place for a wedding.  Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)