Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should she be worried?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM
  • 35 Replies

Mobile Photo

My sister in law sent me an email today asking me what I thought about this screenshot. She then informed me that it was a screenshot she found in her husbands phone to one of his coworkers. (He is the one saying baby and babe) The text was sent on a day he went to work upset about an argument they had. My question is should she be concerned? Or are pet names to other people okay while your married?
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamamama00
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:00 PM
Is this a trick question? She doesn't really think that's normal does she? Lmao.
mcmlxxxv
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Um, yes.

My DH sometimes calls his guy friends "baby" because they're weirdos, but the context of their conversation is totally different. This definitely looks like trouble to me.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:43 PM

I've never heard of a guy calling a girl 'babe' or 'baby' if they aren't in a relationship.

Between coworkers? Really?????

wife-4-life
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:55 PM
I'd be very concerned!
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:41 AM

I work with men (and women) 'babe' and 'baby' are not normal ways I speak to any of the men I work with. 

If my dh called any of the women he worked with 'babe' or 'baby'...all I can say is, I WOULD be worried. 

MOM-RN
by on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
My guy bff calls me "babe" on a regular basis. Not a big deal. My husband calls me "love". It depends on what you consider inappropriate and what you and your spouse are comfortable with.
CampHarris
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My XH called one of his co-workers "babe."  It bothered me when I realized it, but he said he just called every woman that (which I thought was disgusting, but anyway).

I found out years after the fact that he was banging the woman in question.

That kind of interaction would not be okay in my relationship.  But I'm with a grown up now.

Orionsbell
by Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 7:53 AM
I'd confront him.
hockeymom74
by Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:24 AM
Not acceptable for my relationship!
sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:26 AM

I can't say what she should do, but that would raise major red flags for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)