Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your spouse's opinion on his involvement in childcare?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:15 AM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: How okay is he with being involved in the childcare?

Options:

50/50

30/70=SO/You

100% YOU

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

I work nights so he takes over when he gets home from work and then we take turns waking up early over the weekend.  He was raised in a home where the women mainly did all the childcare responsibilities though his father was more involved when they were older.  He is still in the mindset though that it should be mainly my responsibility.  He was the one that was pushing me for kids so his attitude annoys me.

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOM-RN
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:17 AM

DH has been completely hands on since the moment I got pregnant! 

CLA25233
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:21 AM

I'm super spoiled.  Dh is 100% an involved parent.  He works a lot but when he's home, he's home.  Anything I do, he does.  He wanted to be a dad, wanted kids.  I've never had to bug him to be more involved. 

NYmama96
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:28 AM
This is exactly how my husband feels about taking care of our children.

We chose to have children. We made them together. It is just as much my responsibility to take of our children as it is yours. The only thing I'm not responsible for is baking them that's your job. Once your done baking them then I take up the slack and do my job as a man, a husband, and a daddy.

If the baby is awake then so am I. Even when you are nursing. It is my responsibility to change the diapers and make you comfortable to be able to nurse our child.

Any real man will lose sleep, change diapers, bath, cuddle, and truly take the roll of daddy 100%. My job as a daddy is 24/7 for the rest of my life.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:38 AM
He's involved they are his kids too.
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:10 AM
Since I'm working it's been mostly 50/50 in everything but we are both of the mindset that kids and household chores are my responsibility. Before I started working graveyards it was 30/70 and before I started working at all it was 10/90. He did the fun stuff and I did everything else

On a side note I was ranting about feminism to my coworkers. I would gladly give up equality to be a stay at home mom/wife. I miss it so much.
JadeHope
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:37 AM
He's his father, so of course he's involved fully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:43 AM

They are his kids so he helps. That whole everything falls on the mom nonsense is outdated. Kids need both of their parents. 

ame4c
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:23 AM
It needs to be 100% from both of you. Our kids are pretty much raised but we made do over the years with different jobs and different levels of care. You will not work the night shift forever and at some point someone will probably be out of work. So stop focusing on now and work with it or you will have a long disappointing road ahead.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:51 AM

Always was 50/50

MayMommy07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM
I take DD to school and he is at work and he picks DD up from bus when I'm at work..I let him sleep in on weekends...and care for DD before I go to work ( on weekends) it's 50/50. We make it work....we don't have family help so it's just us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)