Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Selfless Act of Love Have You Done Lately for DH?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:24 PM
  • 22 Replies

Just curious, and not necessarily talking about sex. I'll tell you mine.

DH asked me to go deep sea fishing with him when we recently went to the beach for a long weekend. I don't much like to fish but I could tell it meant a great deal to him for me to willingly go (had to get up at 4:00 a.m.) and spend the time with him. We spent 4 hours on the boat and caught snapper and mackerel.

I cooked the fish for dinner that night, and it was good. We cuddled some after dinner on the sofa at the condominium where we were staying, and DH even watched a "chick flick" on television that I wanted to see but that I know he was not interested in at all. Next day, DH let me sleep in late and brought me breakfast in bed when I finally woke up.  

So just being there for the other in an activity that may not be what we each would have chosen for ourselves was what I gave to him and vice versa. There wasn't even any real discussion about that, and certainly no complaining about doing something that we likely would not otherwise have done on our own.

Nothing extraordinary at all, but DH and I have both tried to be giving like this in our 27+ years of marriage. I am so thankful for a good man who has been a good father, a good provider, and a generous husband. Would love to hear what any of you have done recently for your DH?   

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
We do things like that all the time.
evelyngw
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, makes for a happy marriage doesn't it!

Quoting Raeann11: We do things like that all the time.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:30 PM
Yes

Quoting evelyngw:

Yeah, makes for a happy marriage doesn't it!

Quoting Raeann11: We do things like that all the time.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't really tell you because it's a daily, on-going thing. It crosses my mind, I do it, then on to the next thing.

Neither of us think what selfless act of love we can to today or tomorrow or the next day. It's just an act of love, period. We get pleasure out of the pleasure of the other, or spending time together, or just seeing a smile.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 3:20 AM

bought him pears.

Bella_Stella
by Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:37 AM
Grew my fingernails out some. Totally hate it though!
lovemercygrace
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:15 AM
I do stuff all the time.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. I'm sure if I sat down and really thought about it, I might be able to come up with a few examples, but I don't think about it when I do things for him. I just do them, and I do them because I love him.

Quoting kika.fleur:

I can't really tell you because it's a daily, on-going thing. It crosses my mind, I do it, then on to the next thing.

Neither of us think what selfless act of love we can to today or tomorrow or the next day. It's just an act of love, period. We get pleasure out of the pleasure of the other, or spending time together, or just seeing a smile.

hotmama404
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I picked out all the carrots from his plate of stir fry dinner last night. We do things for each other all the time!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 21, 2016 at 11:13 AM

It's daily stuff.

We never been selfish or played the I'll do for you, if you do for me game. It's worked for 20-21yrs. When you are in love or have love for someone doing things for one another is easy.

Quoting evelyngw:

Just curious, and not necessarily talking about sex. I'll tell you mine.

DH asked me to go deep sea fishing with him when we recently went to the beach for a long weekend. I don't much like to fish but I could tell it meant a great deal to him for me to willingly go (had to get up at 4:00 a.m.) and spend the time with him. We spent 4 hours on the boat and caught snapper and mackerel.

I cooked the fish for dinner that night, and it was good. We cuddled some after dinner on the sofa at the condominium where we were staying, and DH even watched a "chick flick" on television that I wanted to see but that I know he was not interested in at all. Next day, DH let me sleep in late and brought me breakfast in bed when I finally woke up.  

So just being there for the other in an activity that may not be what we each would have chosen for ourselves was what I gave to him and vice versa. There wasn't even any real discussion about that, and certainly no complaining about doing something that we likely would not otherwise have done on our own.

Nothing extraordinary at all, but DH and I have both tried to be giving like this in our 27+ years of marriage. I am so thankful for a good man who has been a good father, a good provider, and a generous husband. Would love to hear what any of you have done recently for your DH?   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)