Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Genuine?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:13 PM
  • 12 Replies

Call me crazy...but I can't possibly be the only one with this perspective.

It is so easy to make something sound like it's not genuine. In my opinion there is a difference between "I love you" and simply just "Love u."  I absolutely cannot stand when I send "I love you", and "love u 2" is what I receive back. 

Am I overthinking this?

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:19 PM
If you know his love is genuine then yes I'd say so. Some people are into text lingo or are busy but still make a quick reply.
I suck at text lingo and write out every word with punctuation and all. DH says it's a text not a business letter. Lol. Either way I know his one word answers are genuine, although annoying at times.
RuthAngel92
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BonitaM: If you know his love is genuine then yes I'd say so. Some people are into text lingo or are busy but still make a quick reply. I suck at text lingo and write out every word with punctuation and all. DH says it's a text not a business letter. Lol. Either way I know his one word answers are genuine, although annoying at times.

I'm the same way, I spell out everything. I get easily annoyed by half assed responses lol

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Yeah my husband and I don't text lingo. LOL
We are too old for that. 😂😁

Quoting RuthAngel92:

Quoting BonitaM: If you know his love is genuine then yes I'd say so. Some people are into text lingo or are busy but still make a quick reply.
I suck at text lingo and write out every word with punctuation and all. DH says it's a text not a business letter. Lol. Either way I know his one word answers are genuine, although annoying at times.

I'm the same way, I spell out everything. I get easily annoyed by half assed responses lol

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:28 PM
So true!

Quoting BonitaM: If you know his love is genuine then yes I'd say so. Some people are into text lingo or are busy but still make a quick reply.
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Like someone else said, if you know he loves you, then you are totally over thinking this.  My husband and I text the thumbs up emoji all the time.  I don't think he's being crappy, just busy.

UCFknight
by Brenda on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:48 PM

My husband writes out every word, so I don't get the text lingo most people receive from their spouses! But even if he did, I know how much he loves me. That honestly wouldn't bother me.

DisabledVet
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Yes.  People are in a hurry and many don't want to waste time spelling out words when there are shortcuts. 

LoveMyJJJ
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:13 PM

There are times I feel the same way, but then I remind myself that it's not him trying to be disingenuous it's just his way. Sometimes he writes out a full "I love you", others he shortens it. I don't think it has anything to do with his actual emotions and feelings, it's just quicker.

SourRoses
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:17 PM
I'd say you're over thinking things. It kind of makes you sound a little crazy lol implying he doesn't really mean it if it's not the "proper" way you'd say it. That's silly and immature.
SpiritedWitch
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, you are overthinking it. It is the same thing. Stop building up that mountain, it is just a molehill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)