Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you agree on this?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:07 PM
  • 30 Replies

I prefer the house to be a moderate temperature, not too hot, not too cold, whereas he prefers it be an ice box year-round. So now with it being in the 90s but feeling like the 90s instead of feeling like the 100s, I said it's too cold in here and we need ot adjust the AC. DH rose an eyebrow and then said, "Well, I think you should put on a sweater instead of making me sweat." He always maintains it's easier to add layers than to take them off because there are only so many layers to remove before you're indecent or nude, lol.

Do you agree on the temp?

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
We compromise. I like it warm and he likes it cold. We have it more of a cool. LOL He's still too warm and I'm still too cold but nobody is majorly uncomfortable.
wife-4-life
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:12 PM
We do now. It took time to agree but I would get ticked when he adjusted the gage on the thermostat. Now the excuse is the kids are too cold or hot so we need to keep it at an even number everyone feels comfortable with.
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM
We both like it hot so yes we agree on the temperature. However, DH pays the heating bills and is a cheapskate through the winter months so we are constantly battling the thermostat. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten mad at us yet. Lol
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:20 PM
I prefer it cold but I also freak out about our electric bill (and am the one turning things off behind everyone!). I agree with your husband that it is much easier to add layers than take them off. To a certain extent. No one wants to be absolutely freezing. We tend to turn it way down at night but leave it warmer in the day. (We live in a place where it never gets cold outside just cool but it gets HOT in the summer.)
sarahjz
by Sarah on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:21 PM

Theoretically, yes.  Realistically though, as the person who physically pays the bills and knows how much energy costs, I am always adjusting the thermostat to save a little money.  I would love for it to be a comfortable temp year round...but that's expensive.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM
We just adjust as needed
soymujer
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:54 PM

No, we don't.  Like you, he's always hot and I"m always freezing.  I've told him when he complained earlier this summer that it's your turn to suffer!

Serenity7
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:30 PM

Everyone feels differently

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:09 PM
We only jabs A/C in our room and grew prefer cold, I prefer warm but not too hot.
K3412
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:27 PM

He likes it much cooler than I do, but it makes him happy, so I'm perfectly good with putting on a sweat shirt or curling up under a blanket. I agree that it's easier to warm up than it is to cool down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)