• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I over reacting??

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:06 PM
  • 21 Replies
I've been talking to this guy for a while now.
Since he's in a different state a few hours away
We have been talking through text, calls and FaceTime, with visits as our schedule allows. He's an MD in a residency program and I'm a nurse
In our home state. I've known him a good decade. I know it makes me sound super obsessive but all day yesterday and today I haven't heard from him. We usually talk all day through text and FaceTime when we get off work. The messages I've sent him are shown as delivered but he hasn't read any of mine today. I'm just really confused and a little worried.
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Idk..I don't think there's much you can do until he answers you. Maybe text or message him "hey can you just let me know you're ok?". 

Is it a surgical or medical residency? He could be tied up in the OR?

TwinningsT
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:06 AM
He's in rotations right now currently doctoring post op surgeries. It hasn't been a problem before.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Idk..I don't think there's much you can do until he answers you. Maybe text or message him "hey can you just let me know you're ok?". 

Is it a surgical or medical residency? He could be tied up in the OR?

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:07 AM

If it is delivered but not read, he might have lost his phone or been slammed at work.  I don't blame you for being concerned.

HEELSandDIAPERS
by on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Yeah he may have lost his phone. I texted my sister twice this evening and she didn't respond. I ended up speaking to our dad and he said she lost her phone.

Quoting anotherandree:

If it is delivered but not read, he might have lost his phone or been slammed at work.  I don't blame you for being concerned.

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 5:43 AM

when that happens with me, it's usually because he lost his phone, forgot his phone that day, or it's just been a crazy busy day.

don't fret too much just yet

nikabear
by Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 5:55 AM
He is doing his residency....... he is probably busy, calm down
LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 28, 2016 at 9:38 AM

You never know hubby does not always answer his phone or texts at work I just wait!

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 9:47 AM

He is busy just because it was not a problem before does not mean it is not a problem know. Calm down and do something else so you are not focus on him.

kns2004
by Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 9:51 AM
Just curious, how do you know if he's read them or not? My phone shows delivered but I can't tell if they have been read or not!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 28, 2016 at 10:09 AM
I think you're over reacting. Sorry hun. It happens,he probably got slammed? ((Hugs))

Quoting TwinningsT: I've been talking to this guy for a while now.
Since he's in a different state a few hours away
We have been talking through text, calls and FaceTime, with visits as our schedule allows. He's an MD in a residency program and I'm a nurse
In our home state. I've known him a good decade. I know it makes me sound super obsessive but all day yesterday and today I haven't heard from him. We usually talk all day through text and FaceTime when we get off work. The messages I've sent him are shown as delivered but he hasn't read any of mine today. I'm just really confused and a little worried.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)